Bournemouth (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

It’s concerning that these ‘lower’ teams are out performing us physically. We are the team that looks jaded in the latter stages of the game and they utilise all their high energy subs to push us back.

That's true plus they can use their subs to change have the team for fresh legs. City can as well !

You can complain about team selections, tactics, player performances all day long but the bottom line is that we aren’t putting enough chances away. The only thing that will stop City winning the league is not converting chances. It’s been like this far too long.

Yes I was thinking more about Everton and Brentford. 11 men in their own box trying to not get hammered in case goal difference sends them down.
Playing the teams coming up on bigger pitches should suit us. Games I’m looking forward to .
Yes,I know what you mean. Things seem a little bit of a slog at the moment for some reason. I really wanted that 2nd goal early in the second half yesterday just to take the wind out of Bournemouth's sails.

Something Doku could learn from. Still taking players on in the 94th min!

Funny how everyone sees it differently, I thought Ake and Akanji were both poor in the second half particularly,

Agree on Foden. Man of match.
Akanji got the second highest score on who scored.com - which is not a bad barometer: it correctly had Foden as MotM.

The beginning of the second half, Bernardo's pass to Stones bounces back to one of Bournemouth's player. Our positioning, particularly the position of one of our CB's (John) and also two MF players is just insane, the size of that empty area in the middle is scary. Probably the reason why we are shipping so many goals from so few conceded chances. Cannot wait for Pep to ditch this set up.
BOU-MCI.jpg

You can complain about team selections, tactics, player performances all day long but the bottom line is that we aren’t putting enough chances away. The only thing that will stop City winning the league is not converting chances. It’s been like this far too long.
Absolutely right.And this is what our competitors seem to be doing better than us recently. Once they score 1 they then tend to score another quickly and it’s game over.

This is unquestionably our biggest problem, especially at the moment but for years we have not killed enough teams off early. It doesn’t help that pretty much every team we play makes do or die efforts to prevent us playing, which comes with the territory but we seem to get special treatment.

That is no excuse for wasting good chances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.