Bournemouth away, 1,272 tickets starting at 22k

The Wigan queue was a weekday mate, Wednesday or a Thursday I think, many of those away games we got tiny allocations, My mate was always first in the Saturday queues parking up around midnight with his pal John, long nights for away tickets .

The Wigan queue was a weekday mate, Wednesday or a Thursday I think, many of those away games we got tiny allocations, My mate was always first in the Saturday queues parking up around midnight with his pal John, long nights for away tickets .
That's just rung a bell - It was midweek, I had to get to work so my Dad had to come and replace me - was the queue in the other direction too - used to queue along the main stand but think this one we were around the North Stand?

That's just rung a bell - It was midweek, I had to get to work so my Dad had to come and replace me - was the queue in the other direction too - used to queue along the main stand but think this one we were around the North Stand?
It was the other way around, we had to queue all day till teatime, unbelievable when you think back

It was the other way around, we had to queue all day till teatime, unbelievable when you think back
All that season we sat on the floor by/leaned against the wall of the main stand, I'm pretty sure the game my Dad did his only ever queue that season I was by the main stand side of the north stand when he replaced me. He was home by mid day I think.

Updated - text from my Dad - he replaced me in the queue in front of the main stand. No idea why I thought it was by the North Stand although that could be another game

Last edited:
I'm sure the tickets went on sale late afternoon, saying that it was a long time ago now and a couple of the lads that queued with us have now passed away sadly.

T
Almost 100% certain it was 10 mate
think it could of been as low as 5 tbh that was the issue our kid queued up and managed to get two raffle tickets as I joined him later. One of the stubs for Chesterfield was in their end! Also thought each person could get two but could be wrong on that but I know we get 4 somehow

All that season we sat on the floor by/leaned against the wall of the main stand, I'm pretty sure the game my Dad did his only ever queue that season I was by the main stand side of the north stand when he replaced me. He was home by mid day I think.

Updated - text from my Dad - he replaced me in the queue in front of the main stand. No idea why I thought it was by the North Stand although that could be another game
There was definitely a queue along the back of the North stand for the Wigan game. The tickets were to go on sale at 6pm, because of work I couldn't get there until 5 and that was the queue I joined, there were only about 20 in front of me when it sold out and they dished out tickets for the live screening at Maine Rd to those that missed out.

There was definitely a queue along the back of the North stand for the Wigan game. The tickets were to go on sale at 6pm, because of work I couldn't get there until 5 and that was the queue I joined, there were only about 20 in front of me when it sold out and they dished out tickets for the live screening at Maine Rd to those that missed out.

I honestly can't remember the detail now. Also had a thought, not sure the criteria will be in the prior match program as it wouldn't have been confirmed who we were playing would it?

It was the 98/99 season that was the driver for the change to loyalty point, which were especially of merit for the smaller away allocations, rather than taking 20 previous match away tickets to be stamped again. Now the club has been phasing out loyalty points for years, especially for the smaller allocations.

I'm sure the tickets went on sale late afternoon, saying that it was a long time ago now and a couple of the lads that queued with us have now passed away sadly.

It was 5pm/6pm definitely. I got there 8:30/9 ish. With regards the stubs I think it was only 5/6 stubs required.

The queueing was on tues/weds as with Wigan away being the first leg it was the following saturday after the york match so could not have been sold on a weekend.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.