Brahim Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if I remember correctly, he was being pulled back and still launched a perfect through ball which lead to Nemane's goal.
He would have had a few more free kicks last night if it was a first team game too, they tend to let things slide a bit in youth football. That Sterling lad would have been sweating on a second yellow for a start.

He would have had a few more free kicks last night if it was a first team game too, they tend to let things slide a bit in youth football. That Sterling lad would have been sweating on a second yellow for a start.
Agreed,he took a few whacks early in the first half that went unpunished,his willingness to take them and carry on,while admirable,probably does him few favours either - all part of the learning process though.

What a talent though,everything about him screams class......his ability,his balance,his vision,his energy,even his strength......he's just so exciting,he never seems fazed and handles every occasion brilliantly,this kid is the real deal,and,IMO,he has unlimited potential!

The next Messi? on this occasion i'm inclined to think just maybe.

He is the real thing of that I have no doubt. The question is when is the right time to bring him into the first team squad/team. As I have said before I expect him to be involved with the 1's on the pre season tour. I certainly hope so. For some players a loan is a recommended option but I don't think that's the right option for him.

In the last 12 months you can see how he has developed physically and there is more to come I am sure but he is already capable of handling himself in the physical part of the game and I believe he can do that at the senior level. And I think he would get a little more protection at first team level too from referees.

He is the real thing of that I have no doubt. The question is when is the right time to bring him into the first team squad/team. As I have said before I expect him to be involved with the 1's on the pre season tour. I certainly hope so. For some players a loan is a recommended option but I don't think that's the right option for him.

In the last 12 months you can see how he has developed physically and there is more to come I am sure but he is already capable of handling himself in the physical part of the game and I believe he can do that at the senior level. And I think he would get a little more protection at first team level too from referees.
There was a glowing report in 'The Bleacher Report' the other day: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...are-reaping-the-reward-of-investment-in-youth

There's an interesting comparison with how United are managing (or not as the case may be) the 18 year Rashford:

'City’s under-18s manager Wilcox hasn’t overwhelmed him this season, tempering his playing time. Given he’s 16 years of age, extremely light of build and tussling with players up to three years older than him, that’s wise.

Again, a look across the city reveals what mismanaging a youngster’s fitness can do, as 18-year-old Marcus Rashford—despite his undeniable brilliance—has played 11 consecutive games and pulls up in most with cramps or strains; he’s being pushed to his limit. Wilcox and his staff understand Brahim’s temporary physical limitations.'

Could the way United are playing him have any impact long term?

Tempted to say if the last league game of the season is a dead rubber then play him as i'd be interested to know how far away he is. Just checked 3 random players to see when they made their debut. Messi made his debut at 17 for Barcelona, Nasri made his debut at 17 for Marseille and Silva made his debut at 17 for Valencia B or 18 for Valencia. I mean Fat Wayne was 16 at Everton.

We'll never know with these players unless we give them a chance. I seriously think this kid is the real deal, don't get me wrong he still has a lot to learn and physically he may not quite be there compared to adults although he looked perfectly fine against players a couple years older last night.

Tempted to say if the last league game of the season is a dead rubber then play him as i'd be interested to know how far away he is. Just checked 3 random players to see when they made their debut. Messi made his debut at 17 for Barcelona, Nasri made his debut at 17 for Marseille and Silva made his debut at 17 for Valencia B or 18 for Valencia. I mean Fat Wayne was 16 at Everton.

We'll never know with these players unless we give them a chance. I seriously think this kid is the real deal, don't get me wrong he still has a lot to learn and physically he may not quite be there compared to adults although he looked perfectly fine against players a couple years older last night.

The chances of Pellegrini doing something as sensible as that are basically zero. It's worth considering though that Brahim will be 17 all the way up until August 2017 so he'll have all next season inclusive to make his debut at the same age as the rest of them. I think he will.

Is he right/left footed? When he plays from the right wing and drifts in as a typical inverted winger, he does it with his left foot (obviously), but after he moved into Manu's position, and started to create chances for the others centrally, he played mostly with his right - what about that wonderful half-volley pass to Buckley (or was it Nemane)?

Whenever I watched him, he seemed just so comfortable with both of his feet that it was almost shocking. See that goal against Chelsea, where he started off dribbling with his left but could easily finish it off from a right-footed shot. So I guess he prefers his left, after all, he's the new Messi... :)

Anyway, could be his huge asset in the future as well.

i was impressed. his work rate and skill levels were impressive. he didnt look out of place at all, especially when you consider his age and some of those chelsea kids looked like fully grown men compared!!

and how refreshing it was listening to tidy commentary last night. I like butch wilkins. I liked him as a player and i like listening to him now. He knows his stuff and was full of praise for both teams. Both teams have bundles of talent dont they.

i was impressed. his work rate and skill levels were impressive. he didnt look out of place at all, especially when you consider his age and some of those chelsea kids looked like fully grown men compared!!

and how refreshing it was listening to tidy commentary last night. I like butch wilkins. I liked him as a player and i like listening to him now. He knows his stuff and was full of praise for both teams. Both teams have bundles of talent dont they.
Easily the top two academies in the country and no one better in all of Europe, and yes that includes Barcelona & Real. It's easy to overlook the huge strides forward that City have made with the youth setup since we were took over because the 1st team and the main stadium have taken the limelight but the academy is what will set our status at the top table in stone for the foreseeable future. Packed with English talent too for those interested in that side of it, Chelsea even more so than us.

Is he right/left footed? When he plays from the right wing and drifts in as a typical inverted winger, he does it with his left foot (obviously), but after he moved into Manu's position, and started to create chances for the others centrally, he played mostly with his right - what about that wonderful half-volley pass to Buckley (or was it Nemane)?

Whenever I watched him, he seemed just so comfortable with both of his feet that it was almost shocking. See that goal against Chelsea, where he started off dribbling with his left but could easily finish it off from a right-footed shot. So I guess he prefers his left, after all, he's the new Messi... :)

Anyway, could be his huge asset in the future as well.

Genuinely two-footed but I think he *slightly* prefers his right. Little genius. He's a Messi, Tevez, Kinkladze and Silva hybrid. Genuinely bits of all of their games. It's class. He dictates games like Silva, scores wonder goals like Messi, dribbles like Kinkladze and he battles like Tevez. I absolutely love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.