Breaking up is hard to do - Valentines special

I moved in with a bird in Walkden when I was about 21. It was one of those convenience things where I had fallen out with one of my housemates and needed to move out, but she thought it was the beginning of a fairytale romance. After a bit she was doing my head in and we were arguing every night, until one Saturday night in November after a couple of bottles of wine she decided to pack a suitcase in some kind of dramatic gesture. She screamed "Well? Do you want me to go??" I pretty much said "Yes please" and the bawling began. There were tears and snot everywhere, even a bit of dribble. "I fucking haaaate you, you twaaaat!" She marched out of the house on to the main road, obviously not considering the fact that she was about 4 miles from her mum's house and it was fucking baltic.

20 minutes later she was back but I made her kip on the couch. She was gone in the morning thank fuck, and I moved my mate in that I had fallen out with at the old place.

Ardwick AFC said:
Post your stories here.

Me first...

I'd recently come out of a long term relationship, so I was just messing about with various girls around the West Didsbury area for a bit. Wasn't really ready to jump into another heartbreaker. So, I'd been seeing this girl for a month or so, and she was starting to get a little bit heavy, texting and emailing me all day, even waiting outside my shared house when I came home from work. So I decided it was time to pull the shutters down on our brief relationship. I decided to take her round to the metropolitan pub on Burton road, and tell her over a drink. I know it was a bit cowardly to do it in a crowded room, but I considered she wouldn't blub like a child if there were people around us. So I came out with it, and she took it quite well, a slight quiver of the bottom lip, but she seemed to hold it together. Ten minutes later we were outside the pub, and I gave her a hug and wished her all the best. I then crossed over lapwing lane as she stood on the opposite side of the road watching me walk out of her life forever, and just then, at this very moment...a black taxi drove through a big puddle and soaked her....I kept walking, pretending I did not see it happen, and I could hear her wailing as I turned the corner and started to run home.
oi oi west didsbury chicks ey ! i want names i might know em ;)

not really got a story, bit of a sensitive (gay) when it comes to relationships. though i did once dickslap my girlfriend on valentines day after a session, was fucken funny

didactic said:
Ardwick AFC said:
Post your stories here.

Me first...

I'd recently come out of a long term relationship, so I was just messing about with various girls around the West Didsbury area for a bit. Wasn't really ready to jump into another heartbreaker. So, I'd been seeing this girl for a month or so, and she was starting to get a little bit heavy, texting and emailing me all day, even waiting outside my shared house when I came home from work. So I decided it was time to pull the shutters down on our brief relationship. I decided to take her round to the metropolitan pub on Burton road, and tell her over a drink. I know it was a bit cowardly to do it in a crowded room, but I considered she wouldn't blub like a child if there were people around us. So I came out with it, and she took it quite well, a slight quiver of the bottom lip, but she seemed to hold it together. Ten minutes later we were outside the pub, and I gave her a hug and wished her all the best. I then crossed over lapwing lane as she stood on the opposite side of the road watching me walk out of her life forever, and just then, at this very moment...a black taxi drove through a big puddle and soaked her....I kept walking, pretending I did not see it happen, and I could hear her wailing as I turned the corner and started to run home.

Hahaha that made me crack up. There is a very easy way to avoid all this grief you know?. Just never get in commited relationships unless you are sure its for you. I dont have girlfriends just friends who I sleep with if we are both comfortable with that arrangement. I never have to be burdened with the emotional rubbish even tho some try and I point them to the guys who want to date them on that level. Lay the ground work early and let them know you are not after a relationship and just are happy to be alone. Never make promises and never get sucked ito emotional blackmail. If they try it leave and find someone who understands the situation. Its how I choose to live granted its not for everyone.

it's not always that simple because sometimes they start to want the relationship (which is okay in certain circumstances - but not all) even if you explain that you're emotionally unavailable at the outset.

one of the best girlfriends I had was very physical (there's a photo of her up on here fixing the shingles on my roof, and she changed spark plugs too) and would start fights with checkout girls who spoke to me - because of my accent, or people who'd talk with me in bars.

one time I had a business meeting in a pub which was about an hour from her house, and she drives down to where I'm meeting this guy to check up on me that I'm not doing anything I shouldn't be (and I'm never bad like that when I'm in a relationship) and it seemed to be okay until things degenerated very late into the morning (my meeting had concluded) and I nearly had to call the cops to remove her from my car without physically hurting her.. anyway I left and she starts following me down the motorway so I pull into another girlfriend's house (after telephoning ahead) and let her diffuse the situation whilst I make a clean getaway.

another time (same girl) she smashed a window and broke into my house and I had to employ a little Ju-jitsu to neutralise her until she calmed down - believe it or not she'd only come to bring me lunch as a 'make-up' but I didn't want to see her, and so it got completely out of control (which she was good at, LOL)

we still talk, and I've a better appreciation of her these days - and she's mellowed a little now; sweet girl.

here she is again:

deeontheroof.jpg

nevilletogoater-in said:
bowdonblue said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
Whenever I've broken up with someone or someone's chucked me, they always insist on being friends afterwards. My current ex still texts me virtually everyday and gets pissed off when I say I'm going out with the lads or away for the weekend.

It's brilliant

Sounds horrific.

It was sarcasmbut I do find it amusing though. When I ask her what the problem is, she never has a response and then leaves me alone for a week or so.

It's very very odd

crizack said:
Was wanting to break up with my Ex, she was doing my head in so one night I took my boxers down, put my arse right on her nose and let rip. She woke up, started dry heaving and told me to get out.

A week later, she was at her cousins, I went to get my passport of her and as I walked into the bedroom she was in, she had a black body stocking on all fours with a dildo stuffed up her otters pocket with the passport on her back, she said 'come and get it' so I did and walked back out leaving her there, she ran out the bedroom, dildo still hanging in for dear life, shouting "my dads gonna batter you".
Cert a better man than me cuz i cert wudn have been able to leave without out doing the buisness first lol

MCFCinUSA said:
it's not always that simple because sometimes they start to want the relationship (which is okay in certain circumstances - but not all) even if you explain that you're emotionally unavailable at the outset.

one of the best girlfriends I had was very physical (there's a photo of her up on here fixing the shingles on my roof, and she changed spark plugs too) and would start fights with checkout girls who spoke to me - because of my accent, or people who'd talk with me in bars.

one time I had a business meeting in a pub which was about an hour from her house, and she drives down to where I'm meeting this guy to check up on me that I'm not doing anything I shouldn't be (and I'm never bad like that when I'm in a relationship) and it seemed to be okay until things degenerated very late into the morning (my meeting had concluded) and I nearly had to call the cops to remove her from my car without physically hurting her.. anyway I left and she starts following me down the motorway so I pull into another girlfriend's house (after telephoning ahead) and let her diffuse the situation whilst I make a clean getaway.

another time (same girl) she smashed a window and broke into my house and I had to employ a little Ju-jitsu to neutralise her until she calmed down - believe it or not she'd only come to bring me lunch as a 'make-up' but I didn't want to see her, and so it got completely out of control (which she was good at, LOL)

we still talk, and I've a better appreciation of her these days - and she's mellowed a little now; sweet girl.

here she is again:

Yea I always get the psycho ones too but my vetting process is becoming more strict. I am always worried that one goes too far because women when feelings are not returned turn into monsters. Us men can take rejection every day and get over someone telling us they dont love us (check Lampard) but God forbid you do that to a woman. You are now the devil and they in their mind they have every right to be as evil as they want. I tread carefully with women because they are capable of anything when in love.

Stories in this thread are legendary though, worst I have had is a woman holding on to my leg as I walked out of a club and I was dragging her on the floor because I was leaving with someone else. She wouldnt let go and the bouncers had to come and pick her up and get her friends to hold her while I ran away.

jacko8684 said:
i broke up with a lady who had her baby with her at the time....we were 20 and the baby was 18months, id been seeing her for literally 3 weeks... she started screaming that i was a bastard and would never see my child. ....i wasnt the kids dad, she just used the child to cause one massive fucking scene in the middle of a packed park in heywood...... that was a fun time as i took them both home!!!!

Which pub?

About 18 months ago I posted a thread on here in the immediate aftermath of having my heart ripped out, played keepy-uppy with, before being volleyed into the back of City's net (metaphorically speaking).
Got some amazing back-up from ace people on here and that got me through.

Met up with her in Manchester yesterday for the first time (she's from Brighton, I'm from Wales) and we went to the Etihad (she's a blue) and had a few drinks around town. Was sound. Laid a few demons to rest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.