Brentford (H) - Tues 20th Feb, 19:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen a few comments mentioning this but haven’t gone through the many related threads to see if it is actually happening in any great volume.

Are blues actually returning to the “Haaland is actually a hindrance” talking point and calling for him to be dropped?

The player that’s just come back from injury, whose grandmother just passed, but still has two goals and an assist in just over 360 minutes of football whilst always being double or triple-marked?

I have seen a few comments mentioning this but haven’t gone through the many related threads to see if it is actually happening in any great volume.

Are blues actually returning to the “Haaland is actually a hindrance” talking point and calling for him to be dropped?

The player that’s just come back from injury, whose grandmother just passed, but still has two goals and an assist in just over 360 minutes of football whilst always being double or triple-marked?
Yes, and I’m surprised you’re surprised considering how many cranks post on here.

Kick off time 19:30 (GMT).

Becomes an absolutely must win after that shite performance against Chelsea. Can’t drop points before Liverpool now.

-----------------Ederson
Walker--Stones--Dias--Ake
---------------------Rodri
---------De Bruyne---Foden
Bernardo----Haaland----Doku
The only change I would want in this line up is Oscar Bobb for Doku. If we start with Doku, then, Bobb needs to be given at least the last 30 mins if it is not working imho

Last edited:
We need Grealish back asap for the run in. Doku is still a work in progress. Bobb could be an option but it's a risk when so much is at stake and no room for error.

Therein lies the problem. The balance of the team has not been right all season due to injuries and the treble hangover.

A stable team of Rodri, Stones, Jack, Bernie, Foden, Kev, Haaland, Ake, Dias, Akanji/Walker has not been an option.

We need this while using Doku/Alvarez/Gvardiol/Nunes/Bobb etc depending on the game.

A settled city will win numerous trophies. That’s all that can beat us and has done so far this season.

since you replied to a post about city conceding goals easily, did you know gvardiol was benched for 8 games in all competitions, and has missed two so far due to injury.

that’s ten games without gvardiol, and only 1 (ONE) clean sheet in those 10 games.

and yes, there were some individual errors and brain farts, but even if you think gvardiol’s crap, what about the treble winning defenders? did they all just forget how to play football? 9 out of 10 without a clean sheet and without gvardiol. pep choosing chaos over control is the reason, players out of position and so on.

look at the average positions against chelsea with non existent midfield, where is alvarez? akanji clearly uncomfortable in the stones role, gvardiol is a winger now apparently, foden back to rw after being magnificent centrally.

10 old players on the pitch against chelsea, 2 points dropped. but sure, new players are at fault for everything bad this season.

47E89B18-A6E5-4D9E-84A7-9D0DD7571F0C.jpeg

We need Grealish back asap for the run in. Doku is still a work in progress. Bobb could be an option but it's a risk when so much is at stake and no room for error.
Doku is a good second half option when the other side have been run ragged for 45 min chasing shadows.

since you replied to a post about city conceding goals easily, did you know gvardiol was benched for 8 games in all competitions, and has missed two so far due to injury.

that’s ten games without gvardiol, and only 1 (ONE) clean sheet in those 10 games.

and yes, there were some individual errors and brain farts, but even if you think gvardiol’s crap, what about the treble winning defenders? did they all just forget how to play football? 9 out of 10 without a clean sheet and without gvardiol. pep choosing chaos over control is the reason, players out of position and so on.

look at the average positions against chelsea with non existent midfield, where is alvarez? akanji clearly uncomfortable in the stones role, gvardiol is a winger now apparently, foden back to rw after being magnificent centrally.

10 old players on the pitch against chelsea, 2 points dropped. but sure, new players are at fault for everything bad this season.

View attachment 107532
Thanks for taking the effort to respond comprehensively. New players have let us down this season. It’s not a dig at them but more expected. I would love for Gvardiol to be playing at as a high level CB not a Lb but I can understand why pep has decided against that.

Replacing the impact of Mahrez and Gundo was never going to be easy. It’s not u fair to suggest that the new players will be able to do that. Look at Phillips, I wanted him to be the new de jong type of player and he never was. He wasn’t even at the level of Gareth Barry.

Anyway, I can see why it looks like the new players are getting the blame but imo they have not been up to the high standards expected of a city player. Hopefully they will after the normal adjustment period. They also may not be good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.