Brian Kidd in today's press conference

Re: Brian Kidd in today's press conference

I loved watching him banging them in for city when i was a kid

And I respect him immensely as a person now and think he's doing a great job at city again and so can forgive him his, err, slightly less savoury connections

For once a press conference worth listening to. Seems like a genuinely nice person Kiddo does.

BillyShears said:
Platt is a ****. A thoroughly detestable man who took every opportunity to talk shit about City in his previous incarnation as a pundit. Brian Kidd on the other hand, even when working for the rags, always spoke about City with respect and understanding. Platt's coaching career is a woeful and non existent prior to coming to City. Kidd is one of the most highly respected coaches in the country.

Kidd is an absolute gent, and I'm glad he's involved with the club. What you say is a bit disingenuous though. How do you, or indeed any of us, really know who the superior coach is unless you have worked with them?

You could justifiably say Platt's managerial career is woeful (as is Kidd's for that matter) but what are you basing his coaching credentials on? By all accounts he's far more involved in the coaching of the team than Kidd, and we've been pretty successful in that time. Not that I'm unequivocally endorsing Platt; I know as little as you about how good a coach he really is.

His comments about City as a pundit certainly annoyed me at the time, but then many in the media have a pop at us. Ultimately I don't really care any more. He works for us now, seems to be doing a decent job and handles the media well. Saying he's a "****" and "thoroughly detestable" seems a bit over the top and, dare I say, deliberately provocative and sensational.

Anyway, back to the subject in hand. Brian Kidd is a top man. You can tell from the tunnel cam vids how warm and popular he is.

Kiddo served both clubs with distinction as a player and a coach.He is a typical Mancunian and proud of it.Unassuming,humble and a nice guy.He never bad mouths anyone,even the rags,If they win something he says it is great for Manchester football,which used to be the way before all the hatred seeped in.

iF Fergiescum deserves a knighthood this man should be a given!

Certainly comes across as a real gentleman. I think it's marvellous that we have someone like him in the leadership team. He delivers a wealth of experience and is the perfect foil for the boss.

Isn't he the one that kept the players believing last year despite Mancini's initial claims that it was over. Yes I know Mancini believed after the rags dropped pints.

EalingBlue2 said:
He is pretty much the only man alive who could walk into the reddest or bluest pub and be welcomed genuinely in both as both player and assistant manager! A true Greater Manchester football legend. For them champions league winner and assistant in their resurgence for us 100 appearances nigh on 50 goals and key in our resurgence ! Will never have to buy a pint in Manchester

bang on the button

dennishasdoneit said:
EalingBlue2 said:
He is pretty much the only man alive who could walk into the reddest or bluest pub and be welcomed genuinely in both as both player and assistant manager! A true Greater Manchester football legend. For them champions league winner and assistant in their resurgence for us 100 appearances nigh on 50 goals and key in our resurgence ! Will never have to buy a pint in Manchester

bang on the button

What about Carlos Tevez?! Eh? Oh...

ManCitizens. said:
Isn't he the one that kept the players believing last year despite Mancini's initial claims that it was over. Yes I know Mancini believed after the rags dropped pints.
I think they all believed it werent over last year, I reckon Bobby just liked winding the medja and baconface up,cannot say I blame him its like shooting fish in a barrel for him & Platt :))

BluePurgatory said:
BlueMoonoverUS said:
After watching that on OS I can just say the guy is a class!

I always feel like breaking into a verse of Collyurst road when I hear Brian Kids Collyhurst accent:

When I was young and lazy, as lazy as can be,
I said farewell to the mother-in-law and off I went to sea.
We sailed with Captain Skipper aboard the Mary Anne
And we all set sail down Collyhurst Road in a Black Maria van.

CHORUS: Oh, Collyhurst Road, I am forsaken,
And it's not that my poor heart is aching.
It's the whisky and the rum that I've been taking
For that charming little girl down Collyhurst Road.

Oh, we got as far as The Vine and the rain turned into snow.
The snow got in the engine and the engine wouldn't go,
So we wrapped ourselves in mainsails and stayed there for a year,
And all we had to bloody-well drink was a barrel of Boddie's beer. REPEAT CHORUS

Well, the law chased after me and they put me in Number Three.
They said you are a Collyhurst boy and you'll never get away from me.
They said the next time you go sailing, it won't be the Mary Anne;
Be down Collyhurst Road to Collyhurst Nick in a Black Maria van. REPEAT CHORUS

Oh, they're digging up my granddad's grave to build a sewer (a sewer)
They're digging up his remains
To put down Carsie drains
To satisfy the local residents.
Now all his life my granddad was no quitter,
And I don't suppose he'll be a quitter now.
He's dressed up in white sheets
To warm them toilet seats
And won't there be an awful bloody row!
There is going to be a load of constipation
There is goin' to be an awful bloody fight;
And it serves them Baskets right if they never have a shite
For digging up the British workman's grave.

My Mam was born on Collyhurst Rd.
The Balmoral pub was on the corner.
I used to drink in the Green dragon in Ancoats with Brian Kidds
Dad Jimmy. a gentleman he was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.