Brian Kidd in today's press conference

Re: Brian Kidd in today's press conference

DruntBlunt said:
For once a press conference worth listening to. Seems like a genuinely nice person Kiddo does.

He does. Slightly surprising, when he was a player he had a bit of a edge, sometimes liked to get his retaliation in first.

Just watched it. Class act indeed. Batted away some stupid questions. Imagine the drunken one being asked little sly questions like that. He'd be snapping and whispering for them to be banned. Well done kiddo

As Mancini would say: "Top, top man."

Wouldn't mind if he did the pre match interviews more often

mayo31 said:
See him around Alkrington regularly walking his dog.

He popped into a mates shop. My son was there aged 12, my mate said to Kidd that my lad was a blue also.

He spent ten minutes or so asking my lad questions like his favourite player etc. my mate was laughing his head off as my lad was star struck.

Top bloke

He has never forgotten his routes. Every year he still walks behind the St Pats banner with the Italian procession through Manchester.

paulchapo said:
Kiddo served both clubs with distinction as a player and a coach.He is a typical Mancunian and proud of it.Unassuming,humble and a nice guy.He never bad mouths anyone,even the rags,If they win something he says it is great for Manchester football,which used to be the way before all the hatred seeped in.

iF Fergiescum deserves a knighthood this man should be a given!
Ironic. But then it's too hard to not bad mouth that odious rag.

Kidd - iconic. Great interview. This approach of not doing down the opponents in the media sits well with me. Mancini was on a winner last season with his public proclamations. If United had won the title, he would have conceded gracefully, having been predicting it. As City won he didn't have to do anything, but a bout of mild surprise that United hadn't won it would have wound up baconface even more.

leighton said:
He has been the greatest signing since the takeover. His addition to the main coaching squad is great and he is a winner and has been the best Number 2 in the history of premier league history. The man should stay for as long as he wants in the job refreshing to see him about the club. Even in the tunnel cam you see he has time for everyone shaking hands with the security the lot the man seems to be a gent too aswell.

Yes I think most of the playing / coaching staff just walk past the
Security guards on tunnel cam yet Brian always shakes everyone's
Hand. Great guy.

Also against qpr last season when we got back to 2-2
You can see him driving mancini on.... Vital to the club

There are far too many people in football who like the sound of their own voice and talk drivel.

Then there are people who when they talk about the game you listen and Kidd is one of those.

I feel good after watching that. Sir Brian Kidd?

Ric said:
BillyShears said:
Platt is a ****. A thoroughly detestable man who took every opportunity to talk shit about City in his previous incarnation as a pundit. Brian Kidd on the other hand, even when working for the rags, always spoke about City with respect and understanding. Platt's coaching career is a woeful and non existent prior to coming to City. Kidd is one of the most highly respected coaches in the country.

Kidd is an absolute gent, and I'm glad he's involved with the club. What you say is a bit disingenuous though. How do you, or indeed any of us, really know who the superior coach is unless you have worked with them?

You could justifiably say Platt's managerial career is woeful (as is Kidd's for that matter) but what are you basing his coaching credentials on? By all accounts he's far more involved in the coaching of the team than Kidd, and we've been pretty successful in that time. Not that I'm unequivocally endorsing Platt; I know as little as you about how good a coach he really is.

His comments about City as a pundit certainly annoyed me at the time, but then many in the media have a pop at us. Ultimately I don't really care any more. He works for us now, seems to be doing a decent job and handles the media well. Saying he's a "****" and "thoroughly detestable" seems a bit over the top and, dare I say, deliberately provocative and sensational.

Anyway, back to the subject in hand. Brian Kidd is a top man. You can tell from the tunnel cam vids how warm and popular he is.

That post has just conjured up the image of a red faced, fretful Billy being plonked unceremoniously on the naughty step.

Another Collyhurst flats kid here and its great to hear Kiddo's accent and I love the guy to bits. I used to go to his mam's chippy in Moston where she normally gave me a chip on a fork for nowt! Brian used to call there in his mini now and again but with his rag connection I was reluctant to talk to him but he always went out of his way to be friendly to anyone who wanted to talk to him. Top bloke, glad he's a blue now!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.