Brianna Ghey murder guilty verdicts

With the alkaline attack he’s on the run and the police need help catching him. It’s completely different.
Which is fair enough. However someone leaking his asylum status was done for political gain over trying to capture him.

Back on topic.

This Is a shocking case and the perps deserve everything they get.

Just to add a few bits:

1. ⁠The guideline would be 20 years due to their ages. The judge added on 10% for her due to her increased role in the planning and her ongoing lack of remorse, including creating a new ‘kill list’ for staff where she is being held.

2. ⁠The sentence is a minimum, they will not be released until they are deemed to no longer be a threat to society. In her case, the judge even said there is significant doubt she will ever be ‘safe’ for release. They will need to prove their remorse and rehabilitation before being released, and whilst they’re still ultimately young people with the ability to change, she will need to take full responsibility for her actions as will he.

3. ⁠They will be on licence for life if ever released. A further arrest could easily see them sent straight back to prison. Even without, if they ever want to go on holiday they need to get permission, if they want to even move within the UK they need to get permission. They will need to check in with police at regular intervals for the rest of their lives. The amount of time they spend in prison might ultimately never be ‘enough’ but equally they will never be ‘free’.
You almost make me feel sorry for them.

Almost.

Which is fair enough. However someone leaking his asylum status was done for political gain over trying to capture him.

Back on topic.

This Is a shocking case and the perps deserve everything they get.
I’m sure once his name was in the public domain the media were bound to find out very quickly anyway.

We are told there is no such thing as 'evil'.

To my mind, either these two are evil, or they are seriously mentally disturbed. I know, because I was told on here, that the legal definition of insanity is quite tight, and presumably they are judged sane. But how can any remotely sane person plan and execute such a crime?

Just to add a few bits:

1. ⁠The guideline would be 20 years due to their ages. The judge added on 10% for her due to her increased role in the planning and her ongoing lack of remorse, including creating a new ‘kill list’ for staff where she is being held.

2. ⁠The sentence is a minimum, they will not be released until they are deemed to no longer be a threat to society. In her case, the judge even said there is significant doubt she will ever be ‘safe’ for release. They will need to prove their remorse and rehabilitation before being released, and whilst they’re still ultimately young people with the ability to change, she will need to take full responsibility for her actions as will he.

3. ⁠They will be on licence for life if ever released. A further arrest could easily see them sent straight back to prison. Even without, if they ever want to go on holiday they need to get permission, if they want to even move within the UK they need to get permission. They will need to check in with police at regular intervals for the rest of their lives. The amount of time they spend in prison might ultimately never be ‘enough’ but equally they will never be ‘free’.

The CPS are appealing for a longer minimum term.

We are told there is no such thing as 'evil'.

To my mind, either these two are evil, or they are seriously mentally disturbed. I know, because I was told on here, that the legal definition of insanity is quite tight, and presumably they are judged sane. But how can any remotely sane person plan and execute such a crime?
I think when something is an
" organised " kill and there are attempts to cover up/deny that the insanity plea goes out of the window.
However, I do take your point. The Dahmer case is a good example of this. Such an "insane" way to "live" yet he always knew what he was doing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.