Brighton (A) - Post Match Thread.

We're going to have to be much better in the future. Rewatching the game back we were far too slow in possession. On another day we might not have broke them down. We desperately need more dynamism which hopefully Sterling, Mendy and Silva can provide.

How odd, sure Zabs played left back a few times, of course the way to issue praise on a new signing isn't to reference and then bad mouth a legend at the same time.
I remember Zab playing left-back a couple of times and quite a few people on here considered him our best left-back, ahead of Kolarov and Clichy.

Not sure why so many people think Walker was MOTM. He did well defensively, but that didn't amount to much due to Brighton's bus-parking, and I wasn't especially impressed with him going forward. There were a number of times that he played the ball inside and then didn't make the run behind the full-back for the return pass, even though the other player (KDB, Silva) was looking for it. Don't remember his crossing being any better than we got from Navas, and he was regularly slagged off for it.

I was watching the game in a bar with no sound on, so I can only assume the commentator and/or pundits may have talked up Walker and influenced people's opinions. I'd have given MOTM to Silva or KDB personally.

I watched it on a phone with no sound, at a barbeque, near a Dijk & he was superb from there.

Wasnt much wrong yesterday, maybe some penetration down the left, and a bit of sharpness. Dont forget it was only our 5th game some have played about 10. Think it will be better for us longer term though to have less games in the legs.

I said in the match thread, we have for several seasons now been the most feared team in the league. No other side has to face park the bus opponents like we do every week.

Last season if you look at any of the Chelsea games, it is staggering how open they are compared to when we play the same opponents.

In part I think it's also because we keep the ball so much better than any other side. The longer we have the ball, the more our opponents retreat into a packed defence.

It's what our fans will have to get used to.

Brighton did nothing different to what we'll see week in week out.
You could see yesterday, the moment Brighton made a mistake or got slightly out of position we ripped them apart.

The way we move the ball we'll see plenty of games like yesterday, teams can only keep those levels of commitment and concentration for so long. Any mistakes we need to punish.

Thought the match went to script and City walked away with an easy 2 nil victory. If City had failed to score it would have been down to a lack of risk taking. The first time through ball from Silva to Aguero was key to the win. There wasn't enough of that sort of approach.

Thought the match went to script and City walked away with an easy 2 nil victory. If City had failed to score it would have been down to a lack of risk taking. The first time through ball from Silva to Aguero was key to the win. There wasn't enough of that sort of approach.

Silva to Aguero. Will be a sad day when we don't hear those words. Some clown on rawk actually said - great to see age has finally caught up with David Silva based on yesterday's performance!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.