Brighton (A) - Pre match thread - Finally!

Brighton vs City prediction

• Win

Votes: 481 93.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 23 4.4%
  • Lose

Votes: 13 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this gem in the Brighton forum...

"I don't think Man City will want to over extend themselves in the first game against lowly opposition, so once they have a one goal advantage I think they will park the bus and save themselves for the next game."

Followed by this bizarre comment:

"1 -1

Citeh always seem to struggle in first game of season."

They all seem very confident they'll score against us though, which makes sense. I mean if West Ham and Tottenham can't do it then they must be able to, right? I feel sorry for fans like those- all they have to go on is the media bullshit about City having a terrible defense and Pep being arrogant. Would love to smash them 4-0 now.

Found this gem in the Brighton forum...

"I don't think Man City will want to over extend themselves in the first game against lowly opposition, so once they have a one goal advantage I think they will park the bus and save themselves for the next game."

Followed by this bizarre comment:

"1 -1

Citeh always seem to struggle in first game of season."

They all seem very confident they'll score against us though, which makes sense. I mean if West Ham and Tottenham can't do it then they must be able to, right? I feel sorry for fans like those- all they have to go on is the media bullshit about City having a terrible defense and Pep being arrogant. Would love to smash them 4-0 now.

I think you're being a bit sensitive here. Whilst I agree some of their logic there is a bit odd, i'm not really sure what you want them to say. Is it that wrong of them to try and be positive about their team and maybe hope for a draw? The pre season clean sheets against spurs and west ham will count for nothing when the season starts and clearly we will let in goals over the course of the season. I mean i'd like to smash them 4-0 too,but mainly because i want to see us have a great start to season rather than as a punishment beating aimed at Brighton's fans for having the temerity to hope for the best!

Michael+Oliver+ddJQYinlu83m.jpg

Sigh

Should be room for Foden on the bench in this match. Would be a great statement if he could get some decent minutes. Along with Bernardo obviously.

I think you're being a bit sensitive here. Whilst I agree some of their logic there is a bit odd, i'm not really sure what you want them to say. Is it that wrong of them to try and be positive about their team and maybe hope for a draw? The pre season clean sheets against spurs and west ham will count for nothing when the season starts and clearly we will let in goals over the course of the season. I mean i'd like to smash them 4-0 too,but mainly because i want to see us have a great start to season rather than as a punishment beating aimed at Brighton's fans for having the temerity to hope for the best!
I suppose, but it always annoys me when I see rival fans act like they're guaranteed to score against us because we have 'such a rocky defense' and our manager 'doesn't know how to keep clean sheets' when in reality neither statement is true. I don't mind them being optimistic but they're not, they're being overconfident. More confident than half of us in fact.

I suppose, but it always annoys me when I see rival fans act like they're guaranteed to score against us because we have 'such a rocky defense' and our manager 'doesn't know how to keep clean sheets' when in reality neither statement is true. I don't mind them being optimistic but they're not, they're being overconfident. More confident than half of us in fact.
They have just been promoted and they are giddy and excited tis all

Are you quite a 'young' city fan, Mars??

I spent the better part of 20 years justifying, every weekend, why we would beat the opposition, knowing full well that we'd need a fecking miracle half the time. Vs the scum was even worse, my first Derby was the 5-1, as a 9 year old I expected that every time we played them, not knowing it would take another 13 bastard years to muster a win, grrrrr

Anyway, you wouldn't be a fan if you didn't follow your team blindly, fair play to the Brighton lads, however, they're gonna get spanked (:

I spent the better part of 20 years justifying, every weekend, why we would beat the opposition, knowing full well that we'd need a fecking miracle half the time. Vs the scum was even worse, my first Derby was the 5-1, as a 9 year old I expected that every time we played them, not knowing it would take another 13 bastard years to muster a win, grrrrr

Anyway, you wouldn't be a fan if you didn't follow your team blindly, fair play to the Brighton lads, however, they're gonna get spanked (:
I was a couple of years older, but I too was at Maine Road for the 5-1; great day. Through the dark times of games like Walsall an PNE away, on to Champions League nights at the Etihad; we have come a long way. Keep the faith Blues. Brighton have no chance. City 4-0.

Your assertion that I'm a 'young' fan is correct, but not in the way that I think you intended. I've supported City all my life, but I'm too young to remember the 5-1. Hell, I'm too young to remember the playoff final against Gillingham, but I've still watched all of those games and am fully aware of the club's history. I have absolutely no problem with the Brighton fans being optimistic, but what annoys me is the blind stating of completely untrue 'facts' like City always starting the season badly etc.

Anyhow, I can still see how my original post might come across as an overreaction.

Not sure if I should carry on with my "lose " vote . Worked last time around.
I see there are 3 votes already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.