British Bulldog

CTID_92 said:
we played it on the concrete when i was in year 6 in primary school and i'm only 16 now so it cant have been "banned" for long
Exactly the same here, but they banned it after a few months when we played it!
And we called it bulldogs charge

sam the drummer said:
CTID_92 said:
we played it on the concrete when i was in year 6 in primary school and i'm only 16 now so it cant have been "banned" for long
Exactly the same here, but they banned it after a few months when we played it!
And we called it bulldogs charge
we only ever played it when we didn't have anything to use as a football lol but when we did you were guaranteed to go back into school after dinner, bleeding or with a ripped shirt/trousers it got pretty brutal tbh

People used to play this at my old high school on the field, teachers tried to stop it like however the only problem is the teachers thought the best way to stop a bunch of teenagers charging at each other was to stand in the middle of the field...
smiley%20sign%20you%20are%20stupid.gif

Good old Tackle Bullrush as it was called down here. At our primary school, we had two kind of mounds about fifteen metres apart... it made an ideal Bullrush arena as you picked up pace running down a ramp.

Bluebird1 said:
Bluebird1 said:
What sort of game is it?

Nobody's explained to me yet what it is :-(

It really is far too complicated for a simple explanantion,and rules can vary - best explanation,(amazingly),is probably Wikipedia.
In a nutshell,the basic idea is to get to an "endzone" without being caught by whoever is a "bulldog".
Also involves bouncing a tennis ball through legs for some bizarre reason.
It always seemed to degenerate into a mass scrap anyway,and was often used as a pretext for giving unpopular boys a thoroughly-deserved kicking.
It was deemed to be far too dangerous for the posh boys at Stockport Grammar and was banned with immediate effect,to be replaced by the far more genteel pastime of buggery.

Bluebird1 said:
Bluebird1 said:
What sort of game is it?

Nobody's explained to me yet what it is :-(

When we used to play it, on concrete, you had two safe zones with a running area in between, one person was picked to be the bulldog and as everyone ran from one safe zone to the next the bulldog had to grab someone, wrestle them to the ground and pin him down for the count of 3. If he was successful then there would be two bulldogs etc....
My teachers tried to stop injuries and damage to uniforms by playing a tig version, it didn't work! Can be quite dangerous, for both bulldog and runner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.