British Cup > Carling Cup

• Thread starter Deleted member 41424
  • Start date
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
ell said:
Why? Its not like they are bringing any quality to it cant see Derry city winning it anytime soon

I can't see Derry City winning it ever as they don't play in one of the four British leagues!
I read irish without clocking on he meant northern. DOH

Markt85 said:
Ovo said:
royle said:
I would rather they made it into an under 21 cup competition.

I like this idea.

Yeh thats a good call

British idea aswell

i think they need to do something to change it up

the carling cups not made just for top 6 teams.. ask lwer prem too put under 21s in nd theyll go sick

Wont happen for a few reasons:

The League Cup (in England, not sure about Scotland) offers a European place. UEFA would take that away and not necessarily award it to the 6th place in the Prem.

The four respective FA's have this unique position within FIFA - by having a competition together could lead to questions being asked about why are they four separate footballing nations organising a competition between them (no other European country does that - outside UEFA competitions) and more importantly, why are the UK teams allowed this special seat on FIFA. Certainly Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland might crap themsleves into thinking this will be the start of a UK league and possibly the death knell of their own leagues - hence their lack of involvement / support of the GB Olympics team.

Thirdly, the police would probably object too. I mentioned earlier about Stenhousemuir v Plymouth etc, in terms of 35 people and a dog turning up, but serious problems would occur if, say Linfield played Celtic or Chelsea played Glentoran, or Celtic / Rangers playing in a good number of towns / cities in England / Wales.

Should do it where it is under 21's and you can have 3 players of any age in the matchday squad so you can play your kids and still have a couple of big players in there to keep it a slightly credible tournament.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.