British or English

Moving to Peckham soon so I am Facking British, from darn sarf of the river.

Honestly, makes no odds to me- have lived Manc, Liverpool, Stranraer, Dumfries now London ! We are humans, worldwide, work and serve people from Columbia to China, Japan, Nigeria. You know something, there shit smells the same !!

blue dallas said:
ElanJo said:
Neither.

Whether we're born in England, Africa or on Neptune we're all the same. Products of something much much grander than invisible conceptual borders which divide one tax farm/field from another.

Since we don't have a name for the universe, as such (Universeling?), I am nothing but myself and I am quite happy with that.

(as "New-Age" as that sounds, I think it is correct and would make the world a far better place should we adopt such a mentality)
agreed, we are all carbon based arseholes.

We're a virus with shoes.

tueartsboots said:
Moving to Peckham soon so I am Facking British, from darn sarf of the river.

Honestly, makes no odds to me- have lived Manc, Liverpool, Stranraer, Dumfries now London ! We are humans, worldwide, work and serve people from Columbia to China, Japan, Nigeria. You know something, there shit smells the same !!

How have you compered the shit smell from people in China and Nigeria?Do you have a shit lab?

Swales lives said:
Bigga said:
bluemanc said:
Swales lives said:
You can keep your partiotism/national pride - whatever you want to call it. I support City, everyone else can fuck off. I am working class and therefore 'cannon-fodder' as far as this nation's political and regal elite are concerned.
As Chuck D said:
They wanted me for their army or whatever,
picture me giving a damn, I said never.

You mean Chuck D THE American anti-Semitic, racist rapper.
English,btw.

1) He's not anti- Semitic, that came from 'Professor Griff' who apologised AFTER he'd been kicked out of P.E. for his comments.
2) He's not a racist. He's Pro- Black.
3) Here we go again...

oh and..
4) Excellent Chuck D quotation, Swales!

Yep Bluemanc, I think Bigga cleared that up. Christ knows where you got the Chuck D is racist from. I suppose James Brown was a racist too?
I just don't understand people being proud of being from a nation that doesn't give a shit about them. It's like sticking with a woman who's shagging behind your back.
Bigga didn't clear anything up,Bigga just did what Bigga does ,he lied.
1.He fired Griff because the publicity he got from the interview wasn't what he expected.
2.Racist against white people.....but he probaly has white "friends".
He backed up Nation of Islam leader Minister Louis Farrakhanwhom who isn't even a Muslim btw, when he said "he's not wrong to suspect that white people deliberately blew up the levees in New Orleans".
This is another gem Farrakhanwhom said "I heard from a very reliable source who saw a 25 foot deep crater under the levee breach. It may have been blown up to destroy the black part of town and keep the white part dry."
Plenty of similar stuff if you care to look.
I'll end with a quote from the great man.
"ELVIS! Was a hero to most
But he never meant shit to me;
Straight up racist that sucker was
Simple and plain
[muthafuck him AND John Wayne!]"
He apologised & said he didn't mean Elvis was racist though.
The "he's not racist he's pro-black" is i admit a classic.
For Swales.
I just don't understand people being proud of being from a nation that doesn't give a shit about them
You didn't understand the thread starters question,or you ignored it.
Try this,if you HAD to choose would you call yourself English or British.
I thought it was simple, but obviously a few are really struggling.

Why the hell are some identifying themselves as British over English? You may as well call yourself European.

To bluemanc.
I understand the OP. I do not consider myself English or British. My parentage is Northern Irish, I was born in Mcr. I don't consider myself Irish either. I feel no affiliation to any country.

Chuck D is not a racist, he's an articulate and intelligent man who wants to further the progress of his down-trodden people by education, awareness, pride, community, ownership of businesses, knowledge of important black figures like Marcus Garvey, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King. This has never sat too comfortably with the US regime who have tried to besmirch his good intentions. If you can find me a racist quote from Chuck D, it will be worth discussing, though think you'll struggle, I've read dozens of interviews with MistaChuck over the years and I've never spotted anything.

I've generally taken Louis Farrakhan's words with a pinch of salt, I don't pay much attention to the words of religious leaders or preachers, but that accusation about New Orleans though unlikely, is feasible.

And Prof Griff did get the sack for an anti-semitic comment, nothing to do with publicity generation or any other reason other than it went against PE's group philosophy and standpoint, yes he later apologised and was re-instated.

The verse from "Fight the power" which you quoted is a great piece of writing in the context of the song, rage and anger against the establishment and though I wouldn't endorse Elvis being a racist, the same couldn't be said about that red-neck draft-dodging coward John Wayne. That verse is more about holding up traditional American heroes and smashing them to pieces, it says a few lines later "most of my heroes don't appear on no stamp" - it's more symbolic than anything. It's funny how people who want to slag off PE only ever quote that verse when the have over 10 albums worth of songs to choose from.

English. I don't like the idea of Americans just presuming that Britain is one country and how they often confuse the flags. I don't actually mind being British, but there's a real lack of unity these days. I don't mind Wales. Not a fan of Scotland and the religious differences and history of Ireland makes it complicated.

TBH, I see myself as Northern more than anything!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.