BT to charge everyone extra £5 For BT sport

I'm on BT for Broadand but Sky for HD TV.

I just rang BT to discuss the options. Was told I could either pay £5 + £4 (HD option) = £9 per month

or

I could get a Starter YouView box with BT Sport for free - this would cost £35 activation fee but no monthly costs at all. This would be in HD too.
Only problem is the box has to be connected to a router - there's no wireless capability. He mentioned something about using plug sockets (extra £30)

Cheers for the heads up on this. We have BT broadband but have been streaming BT Sport, for £35 quid, this seems like a no brainer as our router is near out TV anyway.

Cheers for the heads up on this. We have BT broadband but have been streaming BT Sport, for £35 quid, this seems like a no brainer as our router is near out TV anyway.

No probs. If you visit their web site you can see this offer for existing customers. It's a 12 month contract though but even so you can still cancel it at the end of next season and look for something else.
Pleasant scouse chap on BT customer services. His attitude changed a bit when I told him I was a City fan and looking forward to some Champions league football next season :-)

"As part of their deal, BT had to agree to show 12 Champions League matches and 14 Europa League games per season unencrypted. They will be on yet another new channel called BT Showcase and it has promised to show each competing British club at least once."

http://www.theguardian.com/business...pean-football-coverage-key-questions-answered

I currently pay BT £16.50 a month as a sky subscriber for BT sports alone in HD. In reality I rarely watch it and have received nothing to say it's going up. Are you saying I'll also be hit with another £5 on top of what I pay now and if so from when ?

Spoke to BT the other day about this and was told that as we were pre-BT Sport customers, we would automatically have the new channel added to our package when it starts on 1st August.

If this doesn't happen, I will be on the phone to them pronto!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.