Burnley (H) - FA Cup Quarter Final | Post Match thread

Just wow! Massive respect to Vinny for playing football against us. Kompany & Burnley's owners will have learned a shit load more about themselves & their probable return to the PL, than if they'd been negative & defensive, trying to steal a result.

4 points separates the bottom 9 PL clubs meaning all of them are under serious threat of relegation. The Premier League is getting harder by the season & there could be some major shocks come the final relegation reckoning.

Haaland was a fuckin Monster! He's dropping deeper & going wider in search of action, & it's pulling defences apart as they don't know whether to track him or stick. Both City & Haaland are adapting their games to better suit each other & we're seeing the dividends.

Julian Alvarez was outstanding, but still overshadowed by Haaland. His second goal was the best of the game for me. What a run, chop & left foot rocket into the roof of the net! Simply a world class goal that'll frighten the shit out of everyone!

Foden had a good game too, as did Walker. However, my MoTM has to be De Bruyne! What a fuckin ball to find Alvarez! He pulled the strings tonight & I hope his knock isn't too serious & is at most only enough for him to need rest during the international break.

Two outstanding results in four days & three victories in a week. As Pep said, the players now recognise, a loss in any competition we're still in means curtains. It really is squeaky bum time at the business end of the season.

Now for the shit international break to halt our rhythm... :-/

I've been over from the US twice this season; back in October and this week. Haaland has scored 16 in the 6 matches I have attended. City should pay me to come over!
This pointless twat pitched up to see the Champions midweek. Obviously can't get enough 7-0s.
20230318_230056.jpg

This team is really starting to gel and move into gear. Right on time, as well, with some weird hurdles. Morale seems sky high, players are starting to click, everyone seems happy to fight for their place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.