Burnley (h) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched some of the Premier League show and Mee and Tarkowski Strongly hinted that they would be practising the football art of ‘kicking fucking lumps’ out of our players, hope we hammer them...

I think we'll only see one or two changes personally. Aguero or Bernardo for Sane probably and maybe one more. Wholesale changes against Wolves of course.

Pep could and hopefully did give them two full days rest after Wednesday, a little light training then rest Friday and we should be fine for Saturday. It will be a physical game we just need the ref to be strong for once and stop our players getting kicked to even things up. They can then have a full weeks rest with wholesale changes for the wolves game.

Think we need some to rotation for this. Looked a touch leggy in the 2nd half on Tuesday.

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Otamendi
Danillo
Toure
Gundogan
Bernado Silva
Sane
Sterling
Aguero

I expect 2 maybe 3 changes at the most. No idea who will be rested, that is the joy of having Pep as manager, usually totally unpredictable.
Trust in Pep and the Shark Team.

Pep could and hopefully did give them two full days rest after Wednesday, a little light training then rest Friday and we should be fine for Saturday. It will be a physical game we just need the ref to be strong for once and stop our players getting kicked to even things up. They can then have a full weeks rest with wholesale changes for the wolves game.
In Roger East we trust, like hell I do

We just need to restrain ourselves from getting too frustrated early on as I think we will need to vary our game up a little on Saturday.

Those cut-back from the byline goals will be for the most part worked on in training this weeek by Burnley I reckon, and with the way they have so many bodies collected together in the box it will be hard scoring that way.

An early goal could be crucial as Burnley are a strange team in that they can finish a game having conceded 30-40 shots yet come out of it with a 0-0 or 1-1 draw.

Again at home so I expect a win. And even with 2or 3 changes to the latest starting line up we should have too much for them. Burnley got a few good results away vs strong opposition but they were lucky as well.
As every PL is tough, so will Burnley. We can't expect a thrashing every week. Play good football the way Pep wants it and the result will be there end of the 90+ minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.