Burnley - Post match thread

For the first time in well over ten years I had to listen to the game on the OS radio feed and the match day centre. Jack Dearden was horrified and astonished at Mason's performance: The Goat was much calmer but no less incredulous. The Goat felt that Ferna's tackle could be seen as a red card IF YOU WANTED TO SEE IT THAT WAY. At other times Mason chose not to apply the full rigour of the regulations and at other times not to apply the regulations at all. Pep gave his press conference and was roundly condemned for what he said, and a rabble of pious, self-righteous pundits jumped in to preach on the text of not having the right to expect the decisions to go your way all the time. Martin Keown put on his best Old Testament beard and harangued us all in the Daily Mail.

The trouble is, Martin, that if your name is Rojo you DO get the decisions all the time. You do worse than Ferna's lunge and get away with it. There's no possibility of retrospective action either. If you are "Zlats" you can elbow people in the face, even knock teeth out and never face action. A kick in the head is "nothing worth looking into." If things are getting a bit dodgy your players will never be offside. I believed from 2012 that City had to be 10 points better than United to finish ahead of them and it's getting worse.

I have never believed that there is anything that should make a coach a paedophile but I see clearly that paedophiles may find coaching young boys and girls attractive. We see now the damage done by the craven attitude of the FA. Similarly there is nothing which should make referees favour United but I can see that United fan's would want to be referees. We have a generation of referees who grew up when United ruled the roost. And a generation of pundits brought up on United, media studies and WWE, and now they can't tell one from the other. This has been made worse by the undue influence United have always exerted at the higher levels of the FA, which has now spread to UEFA. Platini handed FFP over to United! City were stitched up over FFP, that failed and now we're being stitched up by the refs. And not just us: yesterday Klopp was complaining. His complaints were easy to dismiss as paranoia but what he said was familiar- no wildly inaccurate decisions but a large number of them to keep Liverpool on the back foot. I have always found Klopp a very astute, good humoured and,above all, fair manager. We all know that particular referee. Liverpool dropped 2 points: West Ham had Fengouli sent off for a lunge by Phil "the face " Jones and United were given a goal to make the game safe when any of three players, including the scorer, were clearly offside! "No team ever gets all the decisions all the time, Pep."

The FA's response to this shows all the contemptuous arrogance of UEFA and FIFA. "We do as we please. Put up with it. We see the PL as the best in the world and we protect its 'biggest' club. We are accountable to no-one." This is the state of English football. Welcome to the PL, Pep.

Bravo , nail on head once again.

You won't agree but, if you put the Luiz incident in front of impartial judges, it would probably come out 50/50 yellow or red. No way was it a stonewaller except in City eyes. Fern was rightly sent off. Fabregas should have seen red but it didn't affect the result.

You're right I don't agree.

And there it is folks , in a fookin nutshell.

We didn't even get the bastard foul.

Lol. True.

But he pretended he was about to blow, thus putting City's defence off guard & us almost being caught on the counter attack.

And tonight, a geezer gets a red card for almost tackling an Arsenal player. Compare it to the stuff Mason let go.

Just watched the game again and it was really a very good performance second half, in fact a great result and performance in very difficult circumstances.

The decisions made in the Chelsea game had a direct affect on us and gave Chelsea the continued momentum they are currently enjoying. The current narrative in the media would be wholly different and the pressure on Pep and the team would be significantly less if we had won that game.

Whilst I do accept what you say, Stony, it's not the whole story is it. We've had how many clean sheets now? The comical defending (accentuated by our wastefulness in front of goal) has given anyone who wants to criticise, plenty of ammo. Chelsea are where they are because they are playing relentless, solid, well-organised football. It's not only about their impressive results, it's the fact that they are winning like a machine and we are (often) winning despite god-knows-what's-next calamity.

Let's hope Spurs can knock them off their perch a bit tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.