Calls for the FA Cup to be seeded ;)

Mad Eyed Screamer

Fresh calls were made tonight for the FA Cup to be seeded following today’s draw that saw Manchester United travelling to Blackburn, whilst Burnley faced non league Lincoln City at home.

Manchester United director, David Gill, stated it was an affront to his clubs history that the Red Devils were forced to travel 30 miles to Blackburn of the Championship, whilst pointing out lower placed in the Premier League Burnley have a better chance of qualifying after drawing The lowly Imps at home.
Gill added ‘’What have Burnley achieved to warrant a home game against one of the two lowest teams left in the draw?’’

The FA have yet to make an official response, but one of the FA’s influential voices, David Gill, is known to be in favour of seeded draws.

Any such change would, in any case, still have to be put before a UEFA committee to give the final say in allowing seedings for cup games to be introduced. England’s representative on the UEFA committee, David Gill, refused to comment ahead of any talks, but did say the subject would be ‘’discussed at length’’ and then a decision made.

looking at the draw I suspect its already seeded........

To be fair Maureen has moaned about how many games the rags have to play so whilst this is a gag I reckon Maureen would to get a bye in 3 PL games........... and be awarded the 3 points too. The points award would be based upon the ref appointed to do the game as that would clearly determine whether or not they would win that game

That's all well and good, but i'd like to know what Britain's Fifa Vice-President, David Gill, thinks of this proposal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.