Can they ever be caught?

we'll never catch them[/B], but i'm not really bothered. I want a prolonged period of success and stability, the likes we've not seen in a long long time. The league is too strong now for one team to continuously run away with it. We could win 3 trophies, definitely 2 this season, and i can still see the rags winning one. It will always be like that, they are too big to just go away

Catching them is not something I'm bothered about but I can certainly see us closing the gap in future, so that's enough for me

Nose Neville keeps bringing up the trophy tallys in the last few years, since 2010 I think, making the point that these are City's glory years compared to United's "lean period". He's counting things like charity shields.
Hopefully this season shuts him up on that front.

I'm convinced that he was so critical of Arsenal on Sunday (which was OTT in my opinion) as he was that pissed off at City winning a trophy.
I didn't think Arsenal were that bad tbh. First half they were causing us problems.

Does it even matter if we catch them?

Any way we’ll hear the reason you won the most trophies is because of oil money. Any club can be successful with the money you’ve spent and so on. Even if we win 10 CLs it will always be the same story. So I’m not worried about the trophy count.

Just enjoying our time at the top.

Long may it continue!

CTID
The game is all about money now, and Leicester's freak win aside, no team will win it without spending big in the future as there is too much competition nowadays.
I had this argument with my uncle a few years back, which got very heated. He is the most bias red i have ever met. He said City have no history because we hadn't won as many trophies as them. I let him know that every club how big or small has history and to their own fans thats what matters. Not what a bigger club has won !
in my lifetime following us since the early 70's, united have been the bigger club, I haven't a problem accepting they are bigger more successful club. What pissed me off is the suburban TV rag that is ubiquitous to every town in the land. Dissing us like we didn't exist pre 2010. I like to shut a few up by telling them that as a City fan, i have been to the swamp more times than them. They also don't like it when told that united milked the Munich air disaster and acquired many fans after it happened.
Nose Neville keeps bringing up the trophy tallys in the last few years, since 2010 I think, making the point that these are City's glory years compared to United's "lean period". He's counting things like charity shields.

I'm convinced that he was so critical of Arsenal on Sunday (which was OTT in my opinion) as he was that pissed off at City winning a trophy.
I didn't think Arsenal were that bad tbh. First half they were causing us problems.
I don't know any blues who are mithered the rags have won more trophies in their history than us.

I know several rags who are bothered that we are slowly catching them up and I'm fuckin' delighted it pisses them off.

The trouble with the "look at all our trophies" brigade is that while they use it to try to belittle clubs like City or Chelsea, what they're actually doing is sneering at fans of Rochdale or Exeter City as well, implying that they too "have no history". City are one of the big clubs, and can more than look after themselves, so it doesn't bother me in the slightest. But to lord it over those who go along and support a lower division club on the grounds that they've been more successful in order to try to claim some moral superiority is low and pathetic.
Completley agree.

It really fucks me off how the word ‘history’ has been appropriated by these bell-ends.

That is his biased perspective on things. We could argue that they aren't really the rags lean years. Ferguson left them with a title winning team and they have spent hundreds of millions since strengthening that team.

We have been playing catch up for 35 years of underfunding and underachievement. On the takeover in 2008 I think our owners said they had a 10 year plan to totally revamp the club and attempt to make the breakthrough back amongst the elite once more. So using Neville's reasoning in our massive rebuilding process we are ahead of schedule, having won 7 titles so far,using the rags perspective on trophies and including the charity shield as they do. See how easy it is to twist a story?

On the final aside from the first ten minutes and the goal Arsenal shaded the first half. We regrouped at half time and blew them away in the second half.

Doubt very much we'll ever see the dominance the likes the rags, dippers and arguably Gooners had in the past. We might win a few more titles but I'm sure it won't be long before rags, dippers and spurs pick up the odd one. It won't be enough to overhaul them. Ask me in a hundred years and it might be a different .

I think we can win 10 of the next 20 titles. That will take us to 14. I will be 62. By the time I am 82 we will have another 10 - that's 24. Lets allow the rags to win 1 in the next 40 years and I can die happy.

I will have engraved on my tomb.

"Here lies Worlseyweb - 24-21 you Rags tossers. We did it. Apologies to the Blue Moon Mods for 49 years of hassle"

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.