Can we win the title this season?

Chelsea still have the edge. We have to integrate all the new players and it might take time.

I thought we would romp it last season but it was not to be .if we get the players in that Pep wants we should be in with a great shout especially if Vinnie is injury free'ish (shouldn't we ?)
I predicted a third place finish last season and we got it.

It's been a good while since we've even challenged for the title so for me this season a title challenge will do and I think we will finally challenge this season

Chelsea still have the edge. We have to integrate all the new players and it might take time.

I agree they have bought well and won 30 games last season. To win it I think we need Sanchez and a centre half.

Last edited by a moderator:
We've a new defence to settle in which won't be easy as they've got to get used to a new type of intensity & a new way of life.

If that all happens quickly,Vincent stays fit & we get a fair rub of the green we have the quality to win & win well.

My biggest fear is Pep whose doctrine is performance over ugly victories. If he is more adaptable & pragmatic when the occasion demands it we'll be Champions in April.

Buckle up !!

Things are in place to give us the best chance possible.

It seems clear that everyone at the club is pulling in the same direction. There's a strong feeling of a manager's calls being backed completely; not only in who comes, but also who needs to go.

We also need a little bit of luck, something we've not had for a couple of years. We need to catch a break with injuries and we need referees to be fair.

If it all comes together, it will take something special to finish above us. It should be bloody exciting to watch too. My only concern is a lack of height in attack. Hopefully our speed if movement will compensate more than adequately.

I don't think they do. They just lost the massive advantage of no Europe. So did Liverpool. For the first time in a long time, all obvious rivals ( plus Liverpool ) will have the same challenges.

To win it,
1, More grit and steel physically and mentally.
2,More luck/run of the ball.
All our rivals bar the Arse have Europe to contend with so that evens things up.

There's 4-6 teams that can legitimately win it this season, we're one of them. Just a matter of consistency and a bit of luck with injuries.The team that ends their inevitable bad run the quickest will win the league. We're not looking in the best of shape so far though which isn't going to help us get a good start to the season. Sure it will be sorted but we seem a bit behind at the minute given we're 3 weeks away. Still missing several key signings who will need time to integrate into the side and learn Peps way and we also seem to have an unusually small number of pre-season games pencilled in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.