Cancelling Sky TV

Yeah, so there's that page you linked to for charges which I assumed I'd need to pay. But then they say these are incorrect and I can't pay them? Really strange.
I think I've heard of people just downgrading to the minimum package when in contract to run it down - about £21 a month. What package are you on and how long to go?

I think I've heard of people just downgrading to the minimum package when in contract to run it down - about £21 a month. What package are you on and how long to go?

I actually downgraded over the phone so it'll be £11 per month, I was on the Sports/Cinema package but I've had to strip it to bare minimum without HD.

I'll have about 12 months left on it, but I'd rather just pay the full contract to come out of it now. Mainly because I've been sent a friends and family code which will give me full Sky Q and the complete package, broadband and phone for £55 per month. The only way to get on that is to start up a new account in my wife's name.

I might just have to accept I'll be paying the £11 per month on top of the £55...

Say you signed the contract after reading that page with cancellation fees knowing you could get out if needed. If their pages say that then they must honour it or be in a world of shit surely. Similar happened with me and server host OVH i read a page regarding usage that said xyz, i ordered it and xyz was not there, upon contacting them they said 'err this page should not be up' to which i replied this is your promo stuff that is a live page, i ordered it on that basis. There must be legal issues for them because that page was taken down very quick with lots of apologies and discounts offered to keep me.

No solicitor but if they have stuff that entices you to buy surely falls under some advertising laws? it sounds very underhand.

I actually downgraded over the phone so it'll be £11 per month, I was on the Sports/Cinema package but I've had to strip it to bare minimum without HD.

I'll have about 12 months left on it, but I'd rather just pay the full contract to come out of it now. Mainly because I've been sent a friends and family code which will give me full Sky Q and the complete package, broadband and phone for £55 per month. The only way to get on that is to start up a new account in my wife's name.

I might just have to accept I'll be paying the £11 per month on top of the £55...
Yeah, probably not worth trying anything else as £11 *12 = £132 which is only £30 or so more than the cancellation fee. Do you know anyone who wants to buy the box and card off you for £30?

Also, are you buying through Quidco for the new deal - could get £135 back, although not sure if you can put the code in via this method. Digital Spy is the best forum for hints on saving cash - some right tightwads on there:)

Yeah, probably not worth trying anything else as £11 *12 = £132 which is only £30 or so more than the cancellation fee. Do you know anyone who wants to buy the box and card off you for £30?

Also, are you buying through Quidco for the new deal - could get £135 back, although not sure if you can put the code in via this method. Digital Spy is the best forum for hints on saving cash - some right tightwads on there:)
I'd go with this, you also get to pay it monthly rather than a lump sum. Don't forget to put it in your planner to terminate before the end of the minimum term.

All for cancelling Sky but would miss watching Natalie Sawyer on sky sports news, she's looking rather fab today.

You have the right to cancel your contract within 30 days of them increasing line rental charges. Since every provider does this frequently just wait and then call them.

All thanks in advance lads, I currently pay around £75 give or take a few pounds movies for the kids. I'm sort of happy with this as it takes the Mrs an hour to watch Corrie & EastEnders. My current contract is due up next month I have watched this thread and was also looking at the Kodi option but believe that's gone now if it was down to me I'd feck telly right off but with a Mrs & kids it's needed.. Thanks for any advice guys.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.