Carlo Ancelotti Sacked by Bayern

So who's next for Bayern? Thinking they will go German after four years of non-germans. Wouldn't mind them unsettling Klopp. Maybe @Maldeika can shed som light on the situation?

They've been flirting with Hoffenhaims manager Julian Nagelsmann by all accounts.

If he does get it, fair play to him. 30 years of age and managing one of the best clubs in the world without a playing career behind him.

Do wish English teams would take chances like this instead of the revolving door of shit managers.

So who's next for Bayern? Thinking they will go German after four years of non-germans. Wouldn't mind them unsettling Klopp. Maybe @Maldeika can shed som light on the situation?

Either Thomas Tuchel now or some kind of interim solution until end of the season and then the preferred Nagelsmann.

My preferred solution - would like to have van Gaal back until summer as he is the best when it means to structure a team, teach a system and passing, bring in discipline and get young players in. Our players can handle a coach like him (apart from Ribery). That might not bring immediate success but I prefer Nagelsmann to Tuchel because of his personality (Tuchel might last longer than until summer but will not last very long in Munich - he is a great coach but will not be able to handle the team on a long run, the press and especially the bosses) - and like this there is really something there to build on. I know about his bad sides - but I just want him for some months and am not interested in this year's result but the effect for the future. Pep built on what he left twice...

Ancelotti did not build on that what we had - the mechanisms, possession play - even the passing - were fading more and more.

You know now how Pep works...

Just imagine to have a coach that does 5-8 minutes video preparations prior to the match, does not do much fitness work, does not have a plan B and let's everybody play like he wants and thinks that tactics are overrated.

Last edited:
Carlo Ancelotti has been sacked as manager of Bayern Munich.

Following Wednesday's 3-0 Champions League defeat by Paris St-Germain, the club's board has decided to dismiss the Italian, who replaced Pep Guardiola at the start of last season.

Ancelotti, 58, helped Bayern win the Bundesliga last term, but they only reached the last eight of the Champions League and the German Cup semi-finals.

Assistant boss Willy Sagnol will take temporary charge.

Bayern, league champions in each of the past five seasons, are third in the German table, three points behind Borussia Dortmund, with four wins, one draw and one defeat from their first six matches. They next play away to Hertha Berlin on Sunday (14:30 BST).

"The performance of our team since the start of the season did not meet the expectations we put to them," said Bayern's chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.

"I would like to thank Carlo for his cooperation. Carlo is my friend and will remain my friend, but we had to make a professional decision. The game in Paris clearly showed that we had to draw consequences."

Not surprised, Pep seemed like a hard guy to follow as he was so enthused and full of new interesting ideas. It seemed pretty telling that two of Pep's favourites, Lahm and Alonso, both decided they were retiring after just a few months of Ancelotti.

He's always struck me as the ultimate "safe pair of hands" tbh. Never really rocks the boat, seems to just let the players do what they want and does as well as the players let him, without really having any particular style of play or revolutionary ideas. Perfect man to hire after a controversial manager who everyone has fallen out with, not so much the man to hire after a passionate manager who the players enjoyed playing for

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.