Carlos Borges | Signed by Ajax for £12m

Could we be being cute? playing something of a long game?

Perhaps we saw more potential,and see this 'sale' as more of a development opportunity with a low sale price and equally low buy back.
Doubt we’ll ever see Mebude again, seems more of a Sancho type who joined us only recently and probably for development, rather than Borges who has been with us since primary school

Doubt we’ll ever see Mebude again, seems more of a Sancho type who joined us only recently and probably for development, rather than Borges who has been with us since primary school

Just throwing a theory out there.

Mebude seemed to have more strings to his bow than Borges.but then again Borges might have a higher ceiling.

Not convinced we will see either,same with 99.9% we let go.

Just hope the buyback doesn't kick in too late. I could envision a scenario where he's having a stormer of a season and every team in the country wants him for 70m.

Just hope the buyback doesn't kick in too late. I could envision a scenario where he's having a stormer of a season and every team in the country wants him for 70m.

Not sure it will matter (unless we buy him back to immediately sell on) as we do not play the breakaway/counter attacking footy that suits his game best.

Best wishes to him though,he's a wonderful exciting talent that will get bums off seats.....i'll be tuning in when possible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.