Carlos Tevez

Status
Not open for further replies.
jauganaut said:
If this is true, then its terrible business in my opinion.
Nothing else.

depends how you look at it
final year of his contract and monster wages off your books

not terrible at all if he wants out or has zero intention to stay longer

It's an unpopular opinion on here but he is on the slide. If you go back and watch him in 2010 vs. now he was a much sharper, more explosive and better player.

He's still a very good player but not an outstanding top-of-the-line player like he was. Our club may have seen that and that, in addition to his huge wages, may be a reason we're not exactly desperate to keep him.

It's a downhill slide from here IMO, maybe two very good seasons left in him but I don't think he'll ever be what he was when he scored 42 goals in 66 games over two seasons for us. Wish him well, take the money, and reinvest in the future.

ACMilan said:
jauganaut said:
If this is true, then its terrible business in my opinion.
Nothing else.

depends how you look at it
final year of his contract and monster wages off your books

not terrible at all if he wants out or has zero intention to stay longer

lol he wants out since what 2010, this is his last chance.

Whatever the details of any deal I can't help remembering the way those arrogant bastards treated us over the Kaka affair. I wouldn't give them the steam off our piss. If we've got something they want make the fuckers pay through the nose for it like they expect everyone else to do when they're selling. Balo was a different matter and if they paid 20 mill for him we made 10 mill taking ammortisation into account I think which was a decent deal for us. Its difficult to say what would be a good price for Carlos as nobody seems quite sure what we paid. If it was 25 Million on a 5 year contract then (July 14 2009) he loses 5 Million a year in value. So in effect his monetary value is 5 Million to Citys books (not taking contract extensions into account - if he has that value will be even less I think) and anything more than that and we make a profit bizzarly. Still if they're paying 8 Million it still seems like peanuts. Its his wages that makes us winners. Hopefully if he is going the wheels have already been turning and we'll get Cavani or Lewondowski to replace him.

Chevelle said:
meeesh said:
Marvin said:
If we offload him to AC Milan that's a result as far as I am concerned. His game has declined considerably. It wasn't injury, form or disillusionment. he was giving everything as he always does, but wasn't able to get that bit of space in the penalty area to get shots away. Other City forwards struggled too, but I think in Tevez case, it's irreversible. Good midfielder though.

I think you might be right though. There could be an El Shaarawy angle to this.

His game has declined ? Jesus fucking Christ,I'm going to bed and not logging back on till fuckin August,hopefully I would have stopped shaking my head by then
I don't think his game declined as such.. I just think the team doesn't revolve around him anymore like it used too. He was our only outlet a few years ago.

He was often our only outlet last season.

we saved you 100m for a garbage Kaka.

:)

say thanks... it's possibly why we do do business so often, your owner thanks us for it haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.