Carroll - 'I was forced out of Newcastle'

'I was forced out of Newcastle'

So why are grinning like a cheshire cat when snapped at anfield. ??

Confusing this one, one side say he handed in transfer request other side says forced out. Either way its way too much money 35 million plus 25% of sell on

Bluemoon115 said:
Pigeonho said:
Sounds familiar doesn't it?!
Indeed.

But it's hardly the statement of intent that we made is it? It's Andy Carroll.
Oh yeah I know that, but the sentiment is the same. A player who doesn't want to go, if Carroll's quote is correct.
I am still amazed Liverpool have paid that for him, and i'm sure Carroll is too. 2 years ago he had hardly made any, (if at all), apps for Newcastle. 2 years down the line he has cost more than Silva, Tevez and unbelievably, Villa!!! It is complete madness. I actually think he will do well there, and the tag will one day be justified but there is absolutely no way based on what he has done so far, that Carroll is worth anymore than £15m.

The richest transfers in the history will read: 1) Cristiano Ronaldo, 2) Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 3) Fernando Torres, 4) Zinedine Zidane, 5) Luis Figo, 6) Hernan Crespo … and, er, 7) Andy Carroll. Which even for The Emperor's New Premier League seems utterly bizarre - especially as Carroll, who was apparently offered to West Ham for £1m in 2009, has had just one decent half-season in the Premier League (11 goals in 20 matches, a slightly worse rate of return than Amr Zaki's 11 goals in 19 matches for Wigan in 2008). Still, we're sure Damien Comolli knows what he's doing. What? Eh. Oh.' quote from mate at work.

We have made the list on the top ten biggest transfers in history and who do we buy Andy Carroll, we really are taking a big gamble. The pressure on the lad is not his doing, Roman Abramovich's latest obsession with Torres is to blame and he looks like player who can handle it, but Newcastle is not Liverpool the pressure and scrutiny will be immense particularly for that price the media who hate us will pile on the pressure, not just on him but Dalglish and Comolli. You list the name of the top ten biggest transfers of all time: 1. C Ronaldo, 2. Kaka, 3. Torres, 4. Zidane, 5. Figo, 6. Andy Carroll, 7. Crespo, 8. D. Villa, 9. Robinho, 10, Vieri. Frankly it is embarrassing that we make that list by buying an unproven youngster with potential rather than the finished article. Yes the crazy situation, last minute Torres bombshell played its part but really we could end up a laughing stock. It completely goes against FSG's emphasis on resale value.

Comolli is known to be partial to the flavour of the month but Carroll strikes me very much as a Kenny buy. And it is a massive gamble. Unproven at this level, half a season does not cut it. In 2009 Newcastle tried to sell him to West Ham for £1m. Issues off the pitch that need to be addressed. He is worth £15m, we have paid £20m over the odds. It is madness or inspired genius time will tell. Good luck Andy I hope you prove me and all the doubters wrong, you will have every reds 110% backing. Lets hope it inspires him to great things.

hehehe 35 million + add ons hehehehehe.. the above is from some kop site... very very strange signing.. them yanks must be mad to allow it..35 million...

samharris said:
'I was forced out of Newcastle'

So why are grinning like a cheshire cat when snapped at anfield. ??
Its all about who comes out on top isn't it this? On the smiling thing though, he could hardly turn up looking miserable. Remember when we signed Fowler? The cameras were on him as he walked round our training ground. He looked like he wanted to be anywhere but there and I knew instantly he would be shit. Carroll may not have wanted to go, but he couldn't arrive to all those fans with a stern, Fowler-esque look on his face could he? I'm sure the £3.5m lump sum had something to do with that grin too!

Also in December, Pardue said in an interview he was told there was no way newcastle would sell Carroll and he had assurances it wouldnt happen. Now they sold him leaving no time for a replacement. Wonder how he feels

He will probably have doubled his wages so I am sure he will get used to it!

I think he is a good player with loads of potential so other than the fee it could turnout to be a good signing. Time will tell.

I would have preferred Chelsea not to have signed anyone as Torres and Luiz will improve them and therefore potentially hit us.

I've not heard anything from Alan Pardew on this. He hasn't brought in a striker to replace him. Crouch could've gone on loan etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.