Cash in goa

stonie

Heading to goa mid January and wondering if anyone is recently back or heard how tourists are getting cash out there at the moment due to the shortfall in and the withdrawal of certain bank notes, pretty weird why a country would do this at the beginning of their busiest time for tourists...

Think it depends on whereabouts you are going, north or south. I am going to South Goa in February and am desperately hoping it will have sorted itself out by then! If you look on Trip Advisor there are several threads on the subject.

Candolim for me which I think is south goa and or so I have been told quieter, been looking on a few forums and although it's been a month now it dosnt seem like the accessing of cash is getting any better, still it's month till I go so hoping they have got their shit together. ...

Candolim for me which I think is south goa and or so I have been told quieter, been looking on a few forums and although it's been a month now it dosnt seem like the accessing of cash is getting any better, still it's month till I go so hoping they have got their shit together. ...

North mate on the BCC highway to heaven (Baga Calangutte Candolim)

My favorite roundabout in the world is in Calangute.
Funnily enough it's called the Calangute roundabout and it is their equivalent to our Spagatti junction but with cows elephants and tut trucks

We have spent many a fine afternoon sat outside Redondos Chinese cafe slurping Kingfisher and watching the world wizz by. The North is hectic

North of Baga is Arpora and then two cliks further up country is one of our my favourite places on this spinning sphere called erf. Vagator it is called and the home of goan trance and of course the famous Shiva carvings :)

10. Doof - Youth Of The Galaxy (Final Demand Mix)
09. Morning Wave - Dreams
08. Juno Reactor - High Energy Protons
07. Marmion - Schoneberg (Marmion Remix)
06. Astral Projection - Power Gen
05. Man With No Name - Floor Essence
04. Virus - Sun (MWNN Mix)
03. 4Voice - Eternal Spirit (Northern Mix)
02. Hallucinogen - LSD
01. The Overlords - God's Eye On Goa (Bionizer Mix)

Last edited:
Ps ..check out the video on Man With No Name track five @5:08
Kind of encapsulates the true spirit of Goan trance

Candolim is very civilised and now has a real footpath down the main beach road. The Sports Bar on that road is great for live footy and the opticians on the same road are brilliant.

I wish i had 100 rupes for every time i whizzed round that calangute roundabout on me little scooter.

Seriously stonie, Goa is brill'. The hardest thing is leaving. You been before?

Candolim is very civilised and now has a real footpath down the main beach road. The Sports Bar on that road is great for live footy and the opticians on the same road are brilliant.

I wish i had 100 rupes for every time i whizzed round that calangute roundabout on me little scooter.

Seriously stonie, Goa is brill'. The hardest thing is leaving. You been before?

First went to Candolim in 95, I had already been working in India for 3 weeks in Chandigarh (which was a great place) had to fly back to Mancs to pick up the Doris and flew back out to Goa next day which was mad, Cadolim was fantastic great clean beach, great shacks and pretty quiet on the beach, I remember the Stonehouse being a great place to scoff and they had some great live music on.

Went back a further two times the place changed but not overly for the worse apart from the hulking rusty ore transporter ship that had ran aground and stayed there for years fucking up a perfect view and beach, they finally shifted the thing thankfully, I would go back tomorrow for some winter sun.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.