Cavani (continued)

Golden Balls said:
SergioInAddedTime said:
Golden Balls said:
The reason I am apprehensive on Cavani, is because he scores too many goals on the counter attack at speed and I am yet to be convinced on his ball-to-feet and passing ability when playing teams sitting on the edge the box. Also, how will he adapt to being in a system that plays to dominate the ball and utilizes 2 strikers?

This is my biggest fear summed up:
Summer 2013 - Cavani will join on a 250k per week, 5 year contract.
January 2014 – Struggling to make an impact – little goals and cannot impose himself on games
May 2014 – Cavani finishes a frustrating year in Manchester with 15 goals in 45 games.
Summer 2014 – New players signed to attempt to suit Cavani’s style of play.
January 2015 – Mancini sacked. Board wants new manager to play to Cavani’s style –system is altered.

I can see this unfolding.

Fuck no we are not chelski.

Exactly my point. Cavani is too big a risk. I don't want to emulate the debacle that is Stamford Bridge

I think he'd run riot in the premier league. Clinical as RVP, as strong as Drogba and as hard working as Tevez.

When will we realize that we either sell Sergio or find someone who can play with him? These two both operate off of the last shoulder of the defender. They are amazing at finding space. Buying Cavani and playing him in the hole or playing Sergio in the hole would be a waste.

SergioInAddedTime said:
Golden Balls said:
The reason I am apprehensive on Cavani, is because he scores too many goals on the counter attack at speed and I am yet to be convinced on his ball-to-feet and passing ability when playing teams sitting on the edge the box. Also, how will he adapt to being in a system that plays to dominate the ball and utilizes 2 strikers?

January 2014 – Struggling to make an impact – little goals and cannot impose himself on games
May 2014 – Cavani finishes a frustrating year in Manchester with 15 goals in 45 games.
January 2015 – Mancini sacked. Board wants new manager to play to Cavani’s style –system is altered.

no shit

Golden Balls said:
SergioInAddedTime said:
Golden Balls said:

Exactly my point. Cavani is too big a risk. I don't want to emulate the debacle that is Stamford Bridge

Every player is a risk when joining a new club

Let's face it half the forum said they didn't want RVP due to his age, injuries etc..........i've noticed they're quiet at the moment?

can see ballotelli leaving in the summer and tevez too . i dont think tevez will be the same player in 18 months when his contract runs out, so would get cavani hes class would be perfect with aguero upfront. would also have guidetti as our fourth striker.

Don't know how accurate he is but Castles reckons we are serious about Falcao,he said it's too early to call but doesn't think we will be in for Cavani.He did predict Pep too Bayern from the beginning of December.

Danamy said:
Let's face it half the forum said they didn't want RVP due to his age, injuries etc..........i've noticed they're quiet at the moment?
Tbf danamy I still stand by that. We would have had to sell 2 of our strikers at what I'm guessing would have been cut prices. He's been great for the rags I'd have him on the team but not at the cost it would have taken to get him here

Thenumber1blue said:
Don't know how accurate he is but Castles reckons we are serious about Falcao,he said it's too early to call but doesn't think we will be in for Cavani.He did predict Pep too Bayern from the beginning of December.
Castles has been known to 100% correct. The reverse is also true.

cmdub said:
Danamy said:
Tbf danamy I still stand by that. We would have had to sell 2 of our strikers at what I'm guessing would have been cut prices. He's been great for the rags I'd have him on the team but not at the cost it would have taken to get him here

Yep I agree with cmdub - I said too that i did not want RVP here what with possible injuries etc, which he has proved many wrong with at the minute.

However the cost for a 29year old who wanted a 4 year contract is not worth it for our club. We can and will get a better forward come the summer.

BlueMoonz1977 said:
cmdub said:
Danamy said:

Yep I agree with cmdub - I said too that i did not want RVP here what with possible injuries etc, which he has proved many wrong with at the minute.

However the cost for a 29year old who wanted a 4 year contract is not worth it for our club. We can and will get a better forward come the summer.
Personally I think many of us are too fixated with age; we underestimate the value of proven PL quality and experience.
RVP is likely to be the difference between ourselves and the rags this season.
I agree RVP's earlier injury record created uncertainty and possibly he may get injured in the coming months?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.