Celtic fans doing 'The Poznan'

ayrshire_blue said:
TTTCITYBHOY said:
ye having a laugh here mate,
Rugby park,ave att,3,000
Somerset 300
Green Brigade have totally changed the atmosphere at Celtic Park.
btw,when was the last time you were there.

-- Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:29 pm --

unlike him,but fuk it eh,twas the swerve of the ball.

Last time I was there was the 1-1 draw with killie just at Christmas time. Without exaggerating, there was AT LEAST 40,000 empty seats. Take away old firm games and Celtic rarely reach 40,000. Of course, season ticket holders are always counted in the official attendance figures at Celtic park but in reality the figure is a lot less than the one given.

The green brigade might sing a few songs but are a horrible horrible bunch of neds, a lot of Celtic fans I know don't like being associated with them. It might sound ok if you sit in that area, but when killie played you there was only one set of supporters making any noise and it was the few hundred travelling fans.

Not having a go at you mate, or Celtic in general. But most games their support sucks and so does tje atmosphere at Celtic park.

P.s. killie average nearer 6000. With at least 4500 home fans week in week out. In fact, killie have a bigger support than any other non city team in Scotland, including bigger towns such as paisley, livingston, motherwell and a few others. Killie also only have 3500-4500 or so less than hibs, Dundee united and aberdeen who come from major cities so takes my blood boil when the media constantly slate killie support despite all this.

I've never ever been to a killie home game, cup or league, with only 3000 fans. You're getting us mixed up with st midden, Hamilton, st johnstone, ict and even motherwell.

To be fair pal, I've read your posts before, you hate Celtic, you make it well known and nothing you say about them can be taken seriously. Bigotry is rife in that part of Ayrshire and it oozes out of every orifice in you with every single post.

What gets me about supporters of clubs like Killie is that they sit there on their moral high ground, spouting off about how much better they are than the Old Firm, because they have no political or religious bigotry amongst them, then that same support start belting out the Famine Song! Unbelievable hypocrisy! Bigotry is a cancer across the central belt of Scotland and your club just happens to be one of the worst for it so spare us the bullshit eh. Some of us down here know more than you think we do.

Back to football and Neil Lennon is doing a fantastic job. Celtic have come off what was the canvas under Mowbray and now look by far and away the better team out of the two.

I know you are going to find this hard to say about an Irish Catholic but the guy deserves a hell of a lot of credit. He has virtually rebuilt the team on a shoestring in twelve months and he has turned a hopeless side into justifiable title favourites. If the Hoops win the Treble (as I think they might) I bet you couldn't even find it in you to credit him then!

DD said:
ayrshire_blue said:
Last time I was there was the 1-1 draw with killie just at Christmas time. Without exaggerating, there was AT LEAST 40,000 empty seats. Take away old firm games and Celtic rarely reach 40,000. Of course, season ticket holders are always counted in the official attendance figures at Celtic park but in reality the figure is a lot less than the one given.

The green brigade might sing a few songs but are a horrible horrible bunch of neds, a lot of Celtic fans I know don't like being associated with them. It might sound ok if you sit in that area, but when killie played you there was only one set of supporters making any noise and it was the few hundred travelling fans.

Not having a go at you mate, or Celtic in general. But most games their support sucks and so does tje atmosphere at Celtic park.

P.s. killie average nearer 6000. With at least 4500 home fans week in week out. In fact, killie have a bigger support than any other non city team in Scotland, including bigger towns such as paisley, livingston, motherwell and a few others. Killie also only have 3500-4500 or so less than hibs, Dundee united and aberdeen who come from major cities so takes my blood boil when the media constantly slate killie support despite all this.

I've never ever been to a killie home game, cup or league, with only 3000 fans. You're getting us mixed up with st midden, Hamilton, st johnstone, ict and even motherwell.

To be fair pal, I've read your posts before, you hate Celtic, you make it well known and nothing you say about them can be taken seriously. Bigotry is rife in that part of Ayrshire and it oozes out of every orifice in you with every single post.

What gets me about supporters of clubs like Killie is that they sit there on their moral high ground, spouting off about how much better they are than the Old Firm, because they have no political or religious bigotry amongst them, then that same support start belting out the Famine Song! Unbelievable hypocrisy! Bigotry is a cancer across the central belt of Scotland and your club just happens to be one of the worst for it so spare us the bullshit eh. Some of us down here know more than you think we do.

Back to football and Neil Lennon is doing a fantastic job. Celtic have come off what was the canvas under Mowbray and now look by far and away the better team out of the two.

I know you are going to find this hard to say about an Irish Catholic but the guy deserves a hell of a lot of credit. He has virtually rebuilt the team on a shoestring in twelve months and he has turned a hopeless side into justifiable title favourites. If the Hoops win the Treble (as I think they might) I bet you couldn't even find it in you to credit him then!

I was at the Kilmarnock game, 5 days before Christmas, -10 degrees and you expect a full house??! Do us a favour. Your own midden is regularly 1/4 filled, best keep your own house in order before criticising others!

DD said:
ayrshire_blue said:

I am a catholic. I am also from an Irish background. I bet you feel a bit of a fanny now eh? I've never ever said anything that would even come close to being sectarian on here, I am not a bigot of any sort. So get your fecking facts right before labelling me a Irish catholic hating bigot, you absolute moron.

And yes, I know ayrshire is home to more bigots than probably anywhere else in Scotland, I'm ashamed of that. But what do you want me to do? These are the thick mindless people who have been going to ibrox and porkheid singing their vile for years which each club have done nothing to stop. Kilmarnock fans have never ever ever sang the famine song, so stop making shite up ok? We have a Shit home support yes. But that home support we get are the same folk who turn up week in week out to support us, how you've came to the conclusion that we have a bigot support ill never know.

You've embarrassed yourself to be fair, so take your paranoid theories that everyone who doesn't support Celtic is an Irish catholic hating bigot elsewhere.

CityBhoyBlue I know killie have a Shit home support. Someone pointed out Celtic park is one of the best atmospheres going, which unless its an old firm day, its not. That's all, never said rugby park is always jumping because in reality it isn't.

ayrshire_blue said:
DD said:

I am a catholic. I am also from an Irish background. I bet you feel a bit of a fanny now eh? I've never ever said anything that would even come close to being sectarian on here, I am not a bigot of any sort. So get your fecking facts right before labelling me a Irish catholic hating bigot, you absolute moron.

And yes, I know ayrshire is home to more bigots than probably anywhere else in Scotland, I'm ashamed of that. But what do you want me to do? These are the thick mindless people who have been going to ibrox and porkheid singing their vile for years which each club have done nothing to stop. Kilmarnock fans have never ever ever sang the famine song, so stop making shite up ok? We have a Shit home support yes. But that home support we get are the same folk who turn up week in week out to support us, how you've came to the conclusion that we have a bigot support ill never know.

You've embarrassed yourself to be fair, so take your paranoid theories that everyone who doesn't support Celtic is an Irish catholic hating bigot elsewhere.

CityBhoyBlue I know killie have a Shit home support. Someone pointed out Celtic park is one of the best atmospheres going, which unless its an old firm day, its not. That's all, never said rugby park is always jumping because in reality it isn't.

Oh where to start...Old Firm Get Tae F*ck, bigotry is rife in Ayrshire yes...but not any worse than any other place in Scotland, and the main reason the bigotry is still around, yep Rangers and Celtic, they really are a cancer in our society.

Whilst the other Ayrshire_Blue is an inbred Killie fan, at least he supports his local senior team, not many Celtic or Rangers fans can claim that. My dad was a Killie fan, when we moved to Ayr I grew up supporting Ayr, he didn't mind, all he ever told me was "never to support Rangers or Celtic" due to the bile & hatred" they spread, wise words from my old man and before you go spouting I must be another Celtic hating closet Rangers fan, my dad was protestant, my mum is Catholic, me I'm a very happy agnostic/atheist, religion just aint worth it and it certainly has no place in Scottish football.

Oh aye Ayrshire_Blue....nice score at the weekend haha c'mon wee Broony

WFAANW mate ;)

There's plenty of Celtic fans out there and some who post on this board who are capable of having a reasonable debate with and are generally good old fashioned football fans, TTTCityBhoy and a good few others. But there's always some who resort to their paranoid theories that if you critiscise anything to do with Celtic you must be a catholic hating bigot.

The only thing worse than bigots themselves are the folk who try to deflect the blame away from their own clubs and blame teams like Killie etc. It's unbelievable really. OF GTF.

And Ayrshire-Blue...still 4th in the SPL mate, where are you again? lol. As much as I hate A*r scum, I do respect their fans a lot more than most ayrshire based old firm fans, it's admirable that whilst a lot of Ayrshire is dominated by old firm fans that there's a good few thousand at either end who stick to their guns and pay money week in week out at Scumerset (is falling down) and Rugby Park. i'll look forward to whipping you lot in the cup again... sooner rather than later hopefully!

San Somerset "falling Down"??? I think yopu'll find our "vintage" stadium is better than some of the Legoland sh*te out there....

Aye can't wait to play you on a regular basis...easy points lol

"Singing i'm no fae Killie i'm fae Ayr.... "

I didnt know City were the first to bring the "Poznan" to the UK (well done)
Celtic began doing the "Huddle" a cpl of seasons ago It really is a tribute to the pre-match Huddle,which was started in the mid 90s,but sunday saw it come of age,surely any football fan cannot have anything negative to say about the atmosphere this and "lets all do the broonie" (GIRUY El Hadj Diouf)brought to the game,never mind "I just cant get enough",It even had auld fellas up off their seats joining in.

As the Thunder has came to Celtic the atmosphere has improved mainly due to the Green Brigade,Whether the Poznan or the huddle,it is a brilliant factor in any support,Contrast that with the bile that comes from the Rangers support,just a Celt having a dig? well if you ever have the misfortune to listen to such racist and sectarian dittys as. "Big Jock Knew" and "the Famine Song" you will know what I mean

Guys this thread is getting quite embarrassing for a number of reasons. There seems to be a mix up about the origin of this celebration.

Celtic fans have been doing this celebration, The Huddle, since 2006. As someone said previously it is in honour of the Teams pre-match Huddle started by Tony Mowbray in the 1990s. They chant "Lets all do the Huddle" accompanies it.

A quick search of this lyric on youtube will provide all the evidence you need. I glanced breifly and saw a Huddle from a pre-season game at Newcastle in 2007.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elCEnZJCXYM&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elCEnZJC ... re=related</a>

It was started by the Ultras group the Green Brigade and no matter what I or you think of them that is the FACT. They have done at Celtic park for some time but the party atmosphere generated by thumping The Huns 3-0 allowed the rest of the support to join in a mocking of The Manky Mob.

It is laughable that City fans are crying "copycat" when they themselves copied it from Poznan.

Hope this has cleared up the misunderstanding ladies. Rant over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.