Centre back options

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Tugay One Cup, 18 Nov 2016.

1. MCFCFanTX

MCFCFanTX

N/A
    What about Diego Llorente from Sociedad? Former Madrid prospect. Wonderful passer from the back, surprisingly good in the air too.

2. Easy

Easy

Don’t think we’ll go for a CB in January.

Kompany is coming back and Mangala is still here.

I believe Mangala’s contract is up summer 2019 so we’ll move him on in the summer for maybe £5-8m.

Summer transfer window we’ll replace Mangala with a good CB IMO.

For the rest of the season we’ll manage with Stones, Otamendi and to a lesser extent Kompany and Mangala. Walker and Danilo can play CB also in case of an emergency.

Think in Janaury we’ll try to get Sanchez and a LB.

3. BlueCityfan

BlueCityfan

All these reports about clubs trying to get Mangala on loan in January. Lille most recently. One thing is for sure....if that happens, we are definitely signing a CB in January.

4. PW

PW

It's just how long Vinny is back for that worries me. We need him to stay fir as its quite apparent that the Mangler isnt going to get a sniff in the league Realistically a club of our ambition should not be relying on deploying full backs at centre half, its a recipe for disaster at the highest level and we will fall short.

5. littlemarkyc

littlemarkyc

I’d love us to move for Jamal Lascelles at Newcastle, rated him when he was at forest. Growing game by game and a natural leader. Could be a great player under pep.

6. hcblue95

hcblue95

There is an article linking united with Umtiti which says he has a release clause of £53m. This might not be true but if it is I think it would represent good value since CB is such a hard position to get right and he is established as one of the best in the world this season. Imagine Stones & Umtiti both 23 years old. Obviously we would have to convince him to come here but I think it's worth a try over Van Dijk or Alderwerield.

7. Thekinkygoat

Thekinkygoat

Would significantly weaken Barca as well, he's probably their best centre half these days as well as the youngest. I think they'd struggle to replace him for that money.

8. shaiomarali

shaiomarali

If indeed Umtiti is available for £53m then it's a no brainier. Asking price for VVD is £50m and of he two Umtiti is more proven and reliable. Sadly Kompany will have to make way given the stat of uncertainty he is in. Kompany is to me a legend who did the dressing room a lot of good, but I just don't see him playing two games a week without aggravating his few injuries. We need another established CB.

9. Tbilisi

Tbilisi

Getting bricked at Leeds after Donachie scored
    Watched this guy a few times and he looks quality,despite his years. Like Tosin but seems to win headers, if we could do a deal involving Mangala that would seal things for me.

I didnt want Mangala as had watched him play for Porto and didnt impress but after his debut thought I was wrong.Seems a great lad so sorry he wont make it, as others have said we need a CB in Jan.

10. birchwoodgingerste

birchwoodgingerste

surveyor
    Sanchez and martins makes sense as he can play both cb and lb