Centre back options

Watching the Inter v Lazio game, this Škriniar looks like a absolute unit at CB
indeed he does. Fantastic defender and pretty good at passing.
But he's first choice at Inter and will want to play.
My choice as Otamendi's gradual successor in two or three season's time. Contact his agent about his options down the line.

I think David Luiz would suit us. I’d expect pep to get the best out of him. Can’t see him being available like. Likewise I’d love us to take Christensen off Chelsea’s hands. There is a bit of a shortage of top CBs and CFs at the min in my opinion.

Iñigo now on backburner (interest not dead, though). Evans now seen as a better fit/cheaper, but no guarantees he’ll sign either

from Sam Lee

He's no JFE.

Nah, he's actually decent, when he was at Hull I thought he could be a decent option as a 3rd or 4th centre back, not that the money matters hugely but fucking no way is he worth £50m though.

I don't know much about him, but it would surely make lots of bluemooners happier)

It seems we know better the club's scouts, many member here recommended Maguire when he was at Hull while our scouts were recommending Jonny Evans.

Decent player but I'm enjoying laughing at other teams' transfer fees to swallow paying 50 mil for him.

He's no JFE.

Nah, he's actually decent, when he was at Hull I thought he could be a decent option as a 3rd or 4th centre back, not that the money matters hugely but fucking no way is he worth £50m though.

Really? Leicester would just look at us spending £50 million on Walker and Stones and would want the same for Maguire. English international, young, suits Pep's style. I doubt they would even entertain selling him so soon after buying him though.

Given how well Burnley and Ben Mee have done this season defensively and given the fact that we need a preferably homegrown centre back and preferably one trained from within our own academy for champions league squad, would Ben Mee be a good signing?

From the little I've seen of him, he's a beast in the air but average in possession. Right now, I would say he's better than Mangala though but credit to Mangala, every time he's come into the side this season as 4th choice centre back, he's not let us down. He may have seen off one or two blues, but the mistakes he's made haven't led to goals. Either way, I'm sure he'll be better than Jonny Evans and shut up a few rags who moan that we don't produce enough academy players despite the fact that Lingard/Pogba wouldn't make the EDS, let alone Pep's incredibles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.