Centre back options

Think a CB isn't as necessary now Vinny looks back to himself. Although I'm still apprehensive about his fitness as I'm sure we all are. But I'd like to see how our current centre halves do with proper full backs alongside them, and then assess our need for a centre half after pre-season.

I'm sure I seen Sam Lee saying on twitter that Otamendi will most likely be staying, Stones won't be going anywhere and that leaves Komps and Kolarov. If Kompany can maintain this run without injury, then I don't think he'll be sold. So by my judgement Kolarov would be sold to make way for a new CB. Adarabioyo isn't signing a new contract so who would step up if we have injuries? Denayer is out on loan again according to reports so that would leave Humphreys to come in if required.

If we do sign a new CB, with Van Dijk, Bonucci, Laporte and Alderweireld linked, then who sits on the bench and who doesn't even get in the squad?

Think a CB isn't as necessary now Vinny looks back to himself. Although I'm still apprehensive about his fitness as I'm sure we all are. But I'd like to see how our current centre halves do with proper full backs alongside them, and then assess our need for a centre half after pre-season.

I'm sure I seen Sam Lee saying on twitter that Otamendi will most likely be staying, Stones won't be going anywhere and that leaves Komps and Kolarov. If Kompany can maintain this run without injury, then I don't think he'll be sold. So by my judgement Kolarov would be sold to make way for a new CB. Adarabioyo isn't signing a new contract so who would step up if we have injuries? Denayer is out on loan again according to reports so that would leave Humphreys to come in if required.

If we do sign a new CB, with Van Dijk, Bonucci, Laporte and Alderweireld linked, then who sits on the bench and who doesn't even get in the squad?

Pretty sure we won't go into next season gambling on Vinny staying fit.

Not sure who the most credible link is at the moment though. VVD is probably Chelsea bound. We won't get two off Spurs, so likely not Alderweireld. Bonucci and Laporte could bottle it again etc.

whilst i would love Van Dijk i think his price like the others you mentioned may well be too much for us this year with other areas the priority . full backs will totally change city next year, but we do need a cb we have 3 right sided cb Kompany injury prone Ottamendi unstable and Stones young , i can see Kolarov moving into the left cb but he is great in small doses i would buy Mings young english quick tall and strong just what we need if we ever go with 3 at the back. there is no need to drop anyone from the squad and who ends up on the bench is down to fitness and form

whilst i would love Van Dijk i think his price like the others you mentioned may well be too much for us this year with other areas the priority . full backs will totally change city next year, but we do need a cb we have 3 right sided cb Kompany injury prone Ottamendi unstable and Stones young , i can see Kolarov moving into the left cb but he is great in small doses i would buy Mings young english quick tall and strong just what we need if we ever go with 3 at the back. there is no need to drop anyone from the squad and who ends up on the bench is down to fitness and form

I don't think Mings brings anything to the table... Rather have Tosin play a few games, he is young, tall and strong.

Bonucci — we should go all out and bring him in even if it costs 50m. He's not just one of the best center-backs in the world and one of Pep's favourite players, he's also a natural leader. As Kompany is often out injured and Hart has gone, there is a leadership vacuum in the dressing room and he could fit that role.

We'd have too many center backs to keep them all happy so maybe we could offer Juventus 25m plus Otamendi. A back line with Kompany and Bonucci would be immense...Stones used rotationally and Kolarov as cover.

Although we have no links with him, i think Lemos will be a good fit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.