Centre back options

Think a CB isn't as necessary now Vinny looks back to himself. Although I'm still apprehensive about his fitness as I'm sure we all are. But I'd like to see how our current centre halves do with proper full backs alongside them, and then assess our need for a centre half after pre-season.

I'm sure I seen Sam Lee saying on twitter that Otamendi will most likely be staying, Stones won't be going anywhere and that leaves Komps and Kolarov. If Kompany can maintain this run without injury, then I don't think he'll be sold. So by my judgement Kolarov would be sold to make way for a new CB. Adarabioyo isn't signing a new contract so who would step up if we have injuries? Denayer is out on loan again according to reports so that would leave Humphreys to come in if required.

If we do sign a new CB, with Van Dijk, Bonucci, Laporte and Alderweireld linked, then who sits on the bench and who doesn't even get in the squad?

Tosin is signing a new contract accordingly to Sam Lee - news came out yesterday.

Bump,for anyone who wants to discuss why,they are of the opinion,that spending 50m on a centre back make's more sense than purchasing another attacking player.

But we already have four centre backs, why would we buy another one. The fact that three of them are relatively shit is irrelevant...apparently.
Don't think anyone has said don't replace a centre back with new and better one(s), it's the don't buy a forward that is needed and buy a 5th centre back instead idea I'm against.

I want Tosin to be given chances over buying another Defender for '50'M.

Bump,for anyone who wants to discuss why,they are of the opinion,that spending 50m on a centre back make's more sense than purchasing another attacking player.

Why does it have to be either or? Centre back's crucial IMO, cos the whole shooting match depends on Kompany's fitness. Not only does he dominate the opposition, but he elevates the performance levels of those around him. Take him out of the equation and we instantly lack power, pace and height. A question then of whether we think a man who's only managed only 25 league appearances in the last 2 years, is worth gambling on. Personally I think it's a stupid risk and I'd be looking hard at Bonnucci or VVD, and offloading Kolarov

Why does it have to be either or? Centre back's crucial IMO, cos the whole shooting match depends on Kompany's fitness. Not only does he dominate the opposition, but he elevates the performance levels of those around him. Take him out of the equation and we instantly lack power, pace and height. A question then of whether we think a man who's only managed only 25 league appearances in the last 2 years, is worth gambling on. Personally I think it's a stupid risk and I'd be looking hard at Bonnucci or VVD, and offloading Kolarov
Yep, I'm amazed there are City fans who can't see this. Would be unbelievable if we failed to strengthen this area of the team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.