Champions League 2024/ 2025

So; this new format for next season onwards....

View attachment 93801

One big league of 36 teams, yeah? But each team "only" plays 10 games. So how do they decide who each team plays? Is there going to be similar conditions to the existing competition (no team to play another team from the same league, no league champions to play against each other?). And how do they decide which of each team's games are at home, and which are away; luck of the draw?

Now, these issues may already have been addressed earlier in the thread. If that's the case, humble apologies. Just too lazy to go back through the thread. Plus, I'm at work.

I think that chart details the original proposal and not the one they finally settled on.

It’s 8 first phase games, not 10.
Making 64 extra games, not 100.

After United’s complete exit from Europe, England are down to third and only fractionally ahead of Spain in fourth, in the race for the two extra places next season.

Could get even worse if Newcastle go out tomorrow.

3fe01c11a23e51ae4f03dc05727df302.jpg

Is that 5th place gone for the prem?

It goes on all the European teams not just the Champions League. If Liverpool, Villa and West Ham can have decent runs, as well as City and Arsenal, there’s still a fair chance. Germany and Italy in prime position at the minute though.

0c665f2215addbd6292f573e72184a41.jpg

I quite like the idea of the coefficients being so close that we had to win the final in order for 5th place dippers, Spuds or Tarquins to qualify. Nice to borrow their support for the evening while they squirm.

I quite like the idea of the coefficients being so close that we had to win the final in order for 5th place dippers, Spuds or Tarquins to qualify. Nice to borrow their support for the evening while they squirm.

If this had come in this season, that’s exactly what would have happened in the final last year.

A win for us and Liverpool would have qualified in 5th. A win for Inter and fifth place in Italy would have qualified instead.

Imagine the pain that dilemma would have brought the scousers.

Beautiful.

It wont be long until qualification places are filled with recommended teams anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.