Champions League 2024/ 2025

With the coefficient they get which I believe will seed them? As Will doing ok in other euro competitions , plus not making the top 8 and still going through, via another round of games, this, seems to me to benefit the likes of teams like the rags, dippers, Barca Bayern etc, more than other teams like Villa and Newcastle et al..
If I’ve got this wrong I’m happy to be educated but it’s not a knee jerk reaction, just my interpretation of it…
Well as I suggested you have started to make sense now which your original post that I commented upon failed to do.
I also think that some form of historical bias is built into this new process but I am willing to wait to see if it turns out to be significant. Not sure what your point about Villa is as I can't remember the last time they qualified?
Newcastle will be grouped I assume at least partly on national co-efficients which may or may not favour them. Nobody would have been be happy with whatever proposal emerged lets just see how this goes for a season or two.
It's not really 4 groups of 9 (as it's only this in terms of fixtures). Think of it more as a 36 team league, but you only play a quarter of the teams.
I know I thought I made it clear that was my understanding.

So; this new format for next season onwards....

20230919_115417.jpg

One big league of 36 teams, yeah? But each team "only" plays 10 games. So how do they decide who each team plays? Is there going to be similar conditions to the existing competition (no team to play another team from the same league, no league champions to play against each other?). And how do they decide which of each team's games are at home, and which are away; luck of the draw?

Now, these issues may already have been addressed earlier in the thread. If that's the case, humble apologies. Just too lazy to go back through the thread. Plus, I'm at work.

I know for you the changes are a pain, but for clubs like mine, it provides much needed lolly for us to resign the Gers to the Stokes of this world if we qualify for it. Money talks and if we keep ragdolling them the riches we can accumulate could, if managed properly, mean they can huff and puff, claim to be coming back all Day long, but if we have the additional money through a league format, they will have to appoint Ange to stop us. Bring it on.

Having said that, we will probably get humped senseless tonight, but I'm looking at the long term. One of these days, it’s coming. Probably. Maybe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.