Champions League, Feb 15 ->

SWP's back said:
cleavers said:
Compare and contrast with ours in Greece.

Hmmm I think that's unfair.

We were professional, but they parked the bus. I think we would have had more chances against an open Milan.
Probably but I'm not sure, the pace we are currently playing at. When spurs get the ball in midfield they use pace to get behind their opponents, we stay in front, waiting for the perfect pass, which rarely comes because we don't have the movement. Sorry but compared to them tonight we are a long way off champions league as we are, whether you like Mancini or not, and I do.

taconinja said:
Andouble said:
comparing our two results today I'm quite humiliated.
Really? Why?

See, that's the thing I don't get. Spurs played a decent game. Okay, so what? We played a decent game, too. They made their tap-in. We missed ours. Yes, we play two different styles. If you prefer one over the other, that's fine. But humiliated? That's ridiculous.

I've been on a couple of Spurs forums while the game was going on and quite a few of them (as always) thought they were dire... until they scored and then they evidently transformed into the best team to ever grace a pitch.

There has to be an in-between. I've never witnessed a team that was perfect, and I've rarely witnessed a team that was hopeless. It's just simply discouraging that we here never seem to be able to do anything other than complete despair or complete elation.

This^^^^^^^^^

has anyone seen a replay of what happened between crouch and the keeper? i was convinced crouch slyly smashed the back of his head, triggering all the aggro in the second half.

chase of spades said:
nashark said:
Robinho and Ibra found wanting in a big game once again. It's easy scoring hat-tricks against Catania but when you come up against the big boys, you find out you can't compete. The Italian league is a fucking joke. Well done Spurs.
The big boys ... spurs?

jesus!

They're in the competition on merit, and are doing well in it justifiably so. They are a good team, get over it.

Milan probably the most norrowest team in the champions league 3 slow cm 3 central strikers it suited spurs style of play the fullbacks were crossing with ease i'm suprised they didn't score a header

conormcfc said:
People are underestimating how important Pirlo is to Milan. He orchestrates everything.

Ibra and Robinho have had ZILCH service in this game.

Well said.

Really disliked the match commentary...will tune into the Spanish or Italian broadcast next time.

cleavers said:
SWP's back said:
Hmmm I think that's unfair.

We were professional, but they parked the bus. I think we would have had more chances against an open Milan.
Probably but I'm not sure, the pace we are currently playing at. When spurs get the ball in midfield they use pace to get behind their opponents, we stay in front, waiting for the perfect pass, which rarely comes because we don't have the movement. Sorry but compared to them tonight we are a long way off champions league as we are, whether you like Mancini or not, and I do.

There's no chance of us getting as many goals as them this season, then?

The Milan midfield has been too old for a few years now, they were dominated and lacked pace. Good counter by Spurs but Milan are still very much in this.

I thought the quality to Ibra and Robinho was shit in fairness.

The likes of Pirlo, Cassano & Boateng would offer far more than Silva, Flamini and Gattouso.

Their midfield is a problem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.