Champions League Final | Inter (N) - Sat 10th June 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, we just have to finally win this thing and take that monkey off our backs once and for all. And if (when) we do, we will win more of them. We can ram any chants of "Champions of Europe; you'll never sing that" down the throats of the likes of Aston Villa or Forest.

It's the stated aim of our ownership and will elevate the club to heights that we have not yet seen. It has to be won. And I believe that it will be.

I hope we return to the City that demolished RM rather than relying on individual brilliance like v United. Please…just for the sake of my heart don’t leave it to chance!

If we play well as a team, like clockwork, it will be a sight to behold.

Close them down and control the ball.

I share your hope. Our greatest performances this season have been at home, though. We've been solid away from home and are unbeaten in the CL for a reason. But the fantastic performances vs Liverpool, Bayern, Arsenal and Real were at the Etihad. Can we put in such a performance in Istanbul? I hope so and am optimistic. But a 2:1 win will do it for me :)

Our main problem vs United was that the balance between speed and accuracy of our passing game wasn't perfect. We were a bit slow at times and then a bit too direct. Pass completion was 87%, which is good but below our standards. The reason why we didn't beat United convincingly was the final pass was often off. We created many opportunities to find Haaland or another player in the box, but the final ball wasn't good enough. If our passing game is a bit better in the final 3rd, we can expect a great performance on Saturday.

I share your hope. Our greatest performances this season have been at home, though. We've been solid away from home and are unbeaten in the CL for a reason. But the fantastic performances vs Liverpool, Bayern, Arsenal and Real were at the Etihad. Can we put in such a performance in Instanbul? I hope so and am optimistic. But a 2:1 win will do it for me :)

Our main problem vs United was that the balance between speed and accuracy of our passing game wasn't perfect. We were a bit slow at times and then a bit too direct. Pass completion was 87%, which is good but below our standards. The reason why we didn't beat United convincingly was the final pass was often off. We created many opportunities to find Haaland or another player in the box, but the final ball wasn't good enough. If our passing game is a bit better in the final 3rd, we can expect a great performance on Saturday.
Yes I agree with all of that. Hopefully training will sharpen that final pass. We back tomorrow?

I share your hope. Our greatest performances this season have been at home, though. We've been solid away from home and are unbeaten in the CL for a reason. But the fantastic performances vs Liverpool, Bayern, Arsenal and Real were at the Etihad. Can we put in such a performance in Istanbul? I hope so and am optimistic. But a 2:1 win will do it for me :)

Agree with this. In a two legged tie I'd be under no doubt we'd win this comfortably, but as you say we've looked better in the big games at home than away. We've got the results and the job done by in large which is what matters so hopefully that's the case on Saturday night. If we can play 75% as good as we did in the home games Vs Real, Bayern, Leipzig, arsenal, liverpool, rags... we'll do them. Need to reach at least that level though.

I don't understand any blue who isn't bothered about not winning the European cup. Our owners bought us to win it and it's about time we did. Winning it will elevate us to a level we've never been, and winning the treble is worth close to 300M! Money not to be sniffed at, as they say.

As long as we play to our best form with no silly tactics and bizarre game plan then we should win it, and i think this is our time to win it.

I don't understand any blue who isn't bothered about not winning the European cup. Our owners bought us to win it and it's about time we did.
Spot on. As pep said if you want to be remembered as a great team in europe you have to win it. This is our best opportunity to win it. Hopefully we succeed this time

This is our chance to put to bed all shite they spout about us, the last stick they've got left to beat us with
They're worst nightmare is on the horizon
We are on the cusp of true greatness and will propell us to greater heights
These players know what to do and they deserve it
Please win city, its our time
CTID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.