Champions League Squad 2016-2017

He is actually born after the u21 cut-off so he should qualify as u21 but you only need to look at the squad list UEFA revealed to see Denayer is club trained. It has 16 foreign players, 5 HG and Denayer, no u21's.

So he must be club trained.

This article

states:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...news/denayer-lead-youthful-charge-man-8930063

Kompany has long been a fan of, and a support to, his countryman. And when Denayer’s loan spell at Celtic ends in June, his development will be assessed, along with fellow loanees Karim Rekik, aged 20, and 19-year-old Marcos “Rony” Lopes.

All three qualify as home-grown and club-trained players, and may get the chance to go on the club’s pre-season jaunt to Australia – those decisions have not yet been taken.

However, the most articles are saying no club trained players.

I'd imagine we wouldn't include Zuculini or Zinchenko in the first proper CL squad for the group stage. Nasri, Bony and Mangala are clearly going so that leaves one place for Kompany or Gundogan.

The former has got to prove he's 100% fit first but Kolarov could also be going as well, which gives us an extra slot for Kompany if we need it.

Iheanacho moves onto the B List in January so that leaves a spot for Jesus.

Looking at the current bunch of players we have I think (and correct me if I am wrong) that we have 27 players currently at the club to fit into 21 spaces. 5 of which are homegrown players.

these players are :

Homegrown (5)
Joe Hart
John Stones
Fabian Delph
Gael Clichy
Raheem Sterling

Foreign (22)
Willy Caballero
Pablo Zabaleta
Bacary Sagna
Vincent Kompany
Eliaquim Mangala
Nicolas Otamendi
Aleks Kolarov
Fernando
Fernandinho
Ilkay Gundogan
Bruno Zuculini
Yaya Toure
David Silva
Kevin De Bruyne
Jesus Navas
Samir Nasri
Olexander Zinchenko
Leroy Sane
Nolito
Sergio Aguero
Wilfried Bony
Kelechi Iheanacho

so if we don't sign anyone else, we will need to get rid of 6 players, we all know its been rumoured that Mangala, Nasri & Bony could be leaving, and you'd think that there won't be any room for Zuculini and Zinchenko, so that leaves 1 more to go from the squad. my money would be on Kolarov.

Is it definitely the case that Kelechi becomes Club associated in January? if so Gabriel Jesus can take his place then with no disruptions.

incidentally the club now has 105 players (ages 16 and upwards) from what I can see, with 18 of these out on loan. huge amount.

Clubs can still add one additional player to the published lists according to Article 43.08 of the regulations: "For the three qualifying rounds and the play-offs, a club may register a maximum of one new eligible player on List A after the above-mentioned deadlines, provided the quota of locally trained players is respected.

"Such registration must be completed by 24.00CET on the day before the relevant first-leg match and the club's association must confirm in writing that the new player is eligible to play at domestic level at this time."
Is this the answer. Are we holding a spot for another incoming?

Looking at the current bunch of players we have I think (and correct me if I am wrong) that we have 27 players currently at the club to fit into 21 spaces. 5 of which are homegrown players.

these players are :

Homegrown (5)
Joe Hart
John Stones
Fabian Delph
Gael Clichy
Raheem Sterling

Foreign (22)
Willy Caballero
Pablo Zabaleta
Bacary Sagna
Vincent Kompany
Eliaquim Mangala
Nicolas Otamendi
Aleks Kolarov
Fernando
Fernandinho
Ilkay Gundogan
Bruno Zuculini
Yaya Toure
David Silva
Kevin De Bruyne
Jesus Navas
Samir Nasri
Olexander Zinchenko
Leroy Sane
Nolito
Sergio Aguero
Wilfried Bony
Kelechi Iheanacho

so if we don't sign anyone else, we will need to get rid of 6 players, we all know its been rumoured that Mangala, Nasri & Bony could be leaving, and you'd think that there won't be any room for Zuculini and Zinchenko, so that leaves 1 more to go from the squad. my money would be on Kolarov.

Is it definitely the case that Kelechi becomes Club associated in January? if so Gabriel Jesus can take his place then with no disruptions.

You forgot Denayer

He is actually born after the u21 cut-off so he should qualify as u21 but you only need to look at the squad list UEFA revealed to see Denayer is club trained. It has 16 foreign players, 5 HG and Denayer, no u21's.

So he must be club trained.

My point is that the list contains the maximum allowed assuming that JD is counted in the 17 foreign spots, if he was HG the we could have added Vinny or another similar player on to the list just to fill it out. I don't believe we have any intention of signing anyone else ahead of next Tuesday!

My point is that the list contains the maximum allowed assuming that JD is counted in the 17 foreign spots, if he was HG the we could have added Vinny or another similar player on to the list just to fill it out. I don't believe we have any intention of signing anyone else ahead of next Tuesday!

He's not counted as a foreign player in that list.

We can only have 4 association trained HG players and the list names 5 (Delph, Hart, Sterling, Stones, Clichy) That means 1 must take a foreign player spot, leaving us with 16

Then it lists 16 foreign players.

Finally the last player, who cannot be foreign, or just an association trained player....Denayer.

We can only have 4 association trained HG players and the list names 5 (Delph, Hart, Sterling, Stones, Clichy) That means 1 must take a foreign player spot, leaving us with 16

Finally the last player, who cannot be foreign, or just an association trained player....Denayer.

The only list that counts is the UEFA one and that is in position order and does not specify how they qualify. So right now we don't know if he is a confirmed HG player. I am suggesting the fact we submitted a list with 1 space free might signify that JD does not meet the criteria and he is actually filling the 17th free spot! We will know for sure when the group stage squad comes out as by then we will be looking to fit others onto it!

We can have an entire squad of HG players as long as at least four of them are CT. If we have no CT players who qualify from this list then our entitlement drops to 21 who may all be HG if circumstances have it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.