"Champions League? You're having a bath" - new blog article

Ric

Administrator
New article by Didsbury Dave on the blog now:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Blog/index.php/2011/12/07/champions-league-youre-having-a-bath/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Blog/ind ... ng-a-bath/</a>

Surprised you think AJ will look to move so soon after signing a new 5 year deal.

And to fail Nasri? That's very odd after he just played his best game for us. The lad is quality and will only improve.

Other than that, decent article.

Samir Nasri

Whislt greatly skilled, I’m yet to be convinced Nasri can do it in anything other than games where the opposition are running scared and giving us the ball. He goes missing in the rough and tumble. He may prove me wrong but at this stage I’m going to plump for Fail.

That's European footballer of the year for old samir 2012/2013!!!!

SWP's back said:
Surprised you think AJ will look to move so soon after signing a new 5 year deal.

And to fail Nasri? That's very odd after he just played his best game for us. The lad is quality and will only improve.

Other than that, decent article.

Ah, the two faced one pops up. Quel surprise. Just waiting for little nips on my backside from the other regular 4 or 5 flies and I'll have the set ;-)

Signing a new deal is a player agreeing to a pay rise, not committing to a club. As the article made clear, I believe if AJ isn't getting enough games to keep him in the England frame he may look to move on.

With regards to Nasri, you didn't read. He played well on Saturday because it was exactly the sort of game I described, where the opposition are content to give us the ball. I hope I'm wrong on him because he's clearly got some ability. but I'm not convinced, based on the other dozen games (Spurs excepted) he's played for us.

ruthless; but only what happens when you strive to be the best ....... pass

flb said:
Agree with most of it Dave but there is always room for a "Water carrier" like Zabaleta in the side.

Good read though DD

Maybe, but I don't think he's good enough to be second choice right back. If we have two right backs and room to squeeze a utility man in then Zab would be a good choice.

The truth is having a squad of 20 players isn't all about having the very best, just look at United. Dare I say (because our bunch is simply better) but Zaba, Kolorov, Barry (looking to the future), Johnson and Nasri etc are the equivalent of O'Shea, Brown, Carrick, Park, Evans etc for United. Some will have to be happy starting with every other game and others will be one in 3 or 4 but make no mistake, squad players are as important to winning the major trophies as the front line players in many ways. This is especially the case now we have the financial fair play rules as we can't just write these players off whilst replacing them with more players that will cost high prices. I think we have to accept that this is the core of the squad that is going to take us to European glory which is the exact reason why Mancini has bought players at the right age with the right experience and mentality as well as great ability.

From now on imo we will be signing players on a one by one basis, starting with centre back. Toure is gone, Savic and Boyata are far too young for phase 3 and I'm still not entirely convinced by the Kompany/Lescott partnership. After that it will be a midfielder and maybe a 4th choice striker and then, imo we will be done until we start producing our own players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.