"Champions League? You're having a bath" - new blog article

jay_mcfc said:
The truth is having a squad of 20 players isn't all about having the very best, just look at United. Dare I say (because our bunch is simply better) but Zaba, Kolorov, Barry (looking to the future), Johnson and Nasri etc are the equivalent of O'Shea, Brown, Carrick, Park, Evans etc for United. Some will have to be happy starting with every other game and others will be one in 3 or 4 but make no mistake, squad players are as important to winning the major trophies as the front line players in many ways. This is especially the case now we have the financial fair play rules as we can't just write these players off whilst replacing them with more players that will cost high prices. I think we have to accept that this is the core of the squad that is going to take us to European glory which is the exact reason why Mancini has bought players at the right age with the right experience and mentality as well as great ability.

From now on imo we will be signing players on a one by one basis, starting with centre back. Toure is gone, Savic and Boyata are far too young for phase 3 and I'm still not entirely convinced by the Kompany/Lescott partnership. After that it will be a midfielder and maybe a 4th choice striker and then, imo we will be done until we start producing our own players.

A perfect summary of my article

Yaya ok for the bread and butter games. Jog on.

For me it is in the toughest games where he makes all the difference. Could get in any side in Europe.

Apart from that minor quibble spot on. And well written. I think you should give up the day job as a CEO and concentrate on journalism.

Decent read, Dave.
It's all about opinions but I personally think Nasri will become a very important player for us as the season wears on. His goal rate will certainly accelerate towards the business end.

robbieh said:

For me it is in the toughest games where he makes all the difference. Could get in any side in Europe.

Apart from that minor quibble spot on. And well written. I think you should give up the day job as a CEO and concentrate on journalism.

Ya Ya was far from a regular at Barca, that's why he joined us. And he's been poor in our Champions League campaign. Read it again you'll see I meant that he's good enough for the Premier League, which is our bread and butter.

You don't know anything about my day job, why mention it?

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzz 3 so far. 2 to go. I'll give it an hour ;-)

Didsbury Dave said:
SWP's back said:
Surprised you think AJ will look to move so soon after signing a new 5 year deal.

And to fail Nasri? That's very odd after he just played his best game for us. The lad is quality and will only improve.

Other than that, decent article.

Ah, the two faced one pops up. Quel surprise. Just waiting for little nips on my backside from the other regular 4 or 5 flies and I'll have the set ;-)
Wow, what a cuntish reply.

Maybe you'd have preferred me to just stick my tongue up your arse?

I said it was a decent article, am I not allowed to question any part of it? Do you just write a blog so that people (maybe the twitter boys who were in Spain) can laud you with affection and agreement?

I'll simply not bother reading them in fututre if that is what you wish. I didn't realise that your blogs are a sermon that must not be questioned.

And pray tell how I am two faced?

Didsbury Dave said:
SWP's back said:
Surprised you think AJ will look to move so soon after signing a new 5 year deal.

And to fail Nasri? That's very odd after he just played his best game for us. The lad is quality and will only improve.

Other than that, decent article.

Ah, the two faced one pops up. Quel surprise. Just waiting for little nips on my backside from the other regular 4 or 5 flies and I'll have the set ;-)

We all know what flies are attracted to don't we?

Didsbury Dave said:
robbieh said:

Ya Ya was far from a regular at Barca, that's why he joined us. And he's been poor in our Champions League campaign. Read it again you'll see I meant that he's good enough for the Premier League, which is our bread and butter.

You don't know anything about my day job, why mention it?

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzz 3 so far. 2 to go. I'll give it an hour ;-)

111 games in 3 years at Barca will do for me. He is however given more license to attack by us which is showcasing his world class ability. The whole team has been poor in the Champions League, how else could Kolarov be our best performer in it. Kompany has been well below par and yet you reckon he is without parallel in his position.

As far as your job is concerned I think you have referred to your high profile efforts in the world of business on more than one occasion.

And finally I was genuinely complementing you on your writing style.

A bit harsh on Kolorov and Zabba, We are going to need players that won't cry when sat on the bench and can come in when we need to rest key players. In Kolorov's case I think he won't make it as a left back your right about his lack of pace but it wouldn't surprise me if in the long term he replaces Barry as the left sided holding midfield player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.