Champs League Draw

IanBishopsHaircut said:
Called that group before the draw...how can I call a group like that?!?!

Because it's fixed

I'm fucking fuming here[/

please explain the fixing methods that you are convinced are being used.

Rubbish draw.

Even if you ignore the fact that, yet again, we "somehow" manage to get the only tough side in the "easy" pot, it's still a shit draw. We had both Bayern and CSKA in our group last season, and this is the 3rd time we've had Bayern in just 4 seasons. It's getting a bit tedious now, I'd quite like one of the many, many other options out there if that's ok.

Getting the hardest side in pot 4 once is unfortunate, getting them twice is iffy, getting them 3 times in 4 years, after UEFA have already demonstrated their distain for our club with their borderline corrupt punishment, smells pretty putrid.

adrianr said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
You bunch of fucking girls. Do you think they will want to play us? Like fuck they will.

It's not the point though, is it? That group could and almost certainly will have serious ramifications on our league campaign. Chelsea can field shadow teams in all their games and still piss it. We're going to have to go full bore.

Cska Moscow are shit. We should we able to beat them with any team we put out. We hammered em last year.

Roma are just an unknown. Yes they finished second but in a shit league. Liverpool finished 2nd in the best league and not many were fearing them on Monday.

If I am going to these games I would rather see semi decent teams. The thought of going to a game against someone I haven't even heard of didn't excite one bit.

SWP's back said:
The cookie monster said:
So we have folk saying we are good enough to win the competion now moaning like fuck when we draw Roma...
Exactly, its rather pathetic.
Ive never seen anything like it mate
Grown fucking men crying that weve drew a team who tbh wont even live with us on the pitch

Its getting worse on here...

The point is that the way UEFA do the coefficients, it protects the established clubs by putting them in Pot 1 - so they are always likely to get an easier draw. For the likes of City, PSG or another rising power, it makes it as hard as possible for them to go through in effect, thus reducing the chance of that coefficient rising.

That's the idea of it of course. And yes, of course City can get through, but the reality is that it is geared to looking after the cartel. Just the way it is - when City move up to Pot One, as will happen eventually, we'll be protected too.

pfazz said:
Will one of the conspiracy theorists on here please explain how they think the draw was fixed?
TBH, by the time they accommodate seeding, tv rules, and avoiding teams from the same country there is limited scope to either fix it or make it particularly random either. I'd rather they just seeded one pot and everyone went into to the hat.

Hopefully we don't have to travel to CSKA in winter.

Also, anyone calling Roma shit clearly hasn't watched that team. They boast one of the best mid-fields in Europe and play a very frustrating style. Think Napoli of a few years ago, with more polish, grit and a better manager.

We should have nothing to fear from any of the clubs in our group. A couple of tricky away ties but I expect full points from all our home games with us finishing top. Was only ever going to do one away from the groups so that's taken care of, Moscow and Rome can get to fuck, another bender in Munich beckons!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.