Charlie McNeil??

He's a U****d fan, so its no surprise he's going there, just as Phil Foden chose City. There's been plenty of "wonderkids" who didn't make it at the top level but 600 goals is impressive by any standards.

Yep. Paul Moulden ( correc.different Paul) is a great example

Last edited:
He's a U****d fan, so its no surprise he's going there, just as Phil Foden chose City. There's been plenty of "wonderkids" who didn't make it at the top level but 600 goals is impressive by any standards.
Look at Moulden, he’s in the Guinness book of records for goals in youth teams,never done it for the first team,and I remember spurs offering a blank cheque to sign him.

It is disappointing to see him leave and it appears to be a trend especially with centre forwards (Tyreece Campbell and Bobby Duncan left at the same age). Clubs always chase goalscorers and therefore they will be in more demand.
United are attempting to push forward with their Academy they will see this as a coup.
By the way, the Moulden comparison does have some relevance. Both him and McNeill were born in early Sept giving them a tremendous advantage over their peers and helping them accumulate goals. Especially as both boys matured early also.
I would suspect Charlie will still do fine but maybe not quite to the level they expect.
For me if Bynoe-Gittins leaves, this will be the biggest loss. I rate him as a much better prospect than Delap. If he goes to Dortmund, if suspect City will be pushing for specific ongoing transfer clauses!

I am going to make a bold statement by saying that i didn't really think much of Charlie Mcneil.

Yes, his goal record at younger age groups over the years is brilliant... but if he was that good he would have got more games for the under 18's last season and been pushing for a place in the under 23's.

Liam Delap is doing that right now, he is showing his class at a young age, Charlie McNeil hasn't seemed to kick on for me.

He is nowhere near as good as Delap, Cole Palmer, Joe Hodge, Jayden Braaf etc from what i have seen.

Like I mentioned months ago, we're gonna lose lots of these talents.

Going to happen as we have relatively fixed squad sizes with players staying many years, but new talents coming each year, the flow rate of talent isn't sustainable.

Can only hope the absolute best can stay, and considering I can think of atleast 3 or 4 talents of really high quality I'd like to come through, that's pretty good for me, just need to do it.

A few years ago I was given Charlie's name by a football scout/agent as being the young player at City who he thought could be a star. Perhaps he has not progressed although his goal scoring record seems very impressive.

A few years ago I was given Charlie's name by a football scout/agent as being the young player at City who he thought could be a star. Perhaps he has not progressed although his goal scoring record seems very impressive.
He's never been a secret - this thread was started when he was 11! The fact that city wanted to keep him and the calibre of clubs linked to him shows he has progressed.

He's never been a secret - this thread was started when he was 11! The fact that city wanted to keep him and the calibre of clubs linked to him shows he has progressed.
My comment was in response to one or two above suggesting that he may not be one of the better young players. The person who told me about him a good number of years ago was very certain he would make it. Therefore, I am disappointed that someone who has been with us all these years has chosen to leave.

It is disappointing to see him leave and it appears to be a trend especially with centre forwards (Tyreece Campbell and Bobby Duncan left at the same age). Clubs always chase goalscorers and therefore they will be in more demand.
United are attempting to push forward with their Academy they will see this as a coup.
By the way, the Moulden comparison does have some relevance. Both him and McNeill were born in early Sept giving them a tremendous advantage over their peers and helping them accumulate goals. Especially as both boys matured early also.
I would suspect Charlie will still do fine but maybe not quite to the level they expect.
For me if Bynoe-Gittins leaves, this will be the biggest loss. I rate him as a much better prospect than Delap. If he goes to Dortmund, if suspect City will be pushing for specific ongoing transfer clauses!

I was told he’s gone to Dortmund already, is that not true?

I was told he’s gone to Dortmund already, is that not true?
[/QUOT
Numerous reports today saying that the deal is being finalised at the moment. As soon as the deal is completed I am sure the British press will join in and highlight what a good prospect we have lost. I have no doubt the McNeill deal will also be mentioned push their point!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.