Charly Musonda Jr.

Great discussion guys, and some interesting thoughts on both sides. As I said in my first post, perhaps Garcia is standing out in training, and looking better with better players around him... after all, MP never goes to the EDS / U18 games, so this is presumably how he is making his decisions.

I truly hope I'm wrong about Garcia, I really do, as he undoubtedly has an abundance of skill and talent on the ball, but personally, I just don't see any evidence of a footballing brain. I see him regularly dwell on the ball, too often make the wrong decisions, repeatedly turn into his man and away from space, lack peripheral vision on what runs other around him are making etc.

Yes, he is very young, and some of this may just be a lack of experience / confidence. Again, I hope I'm wrong, but I personally only see Garcia going the way of Suarez, Lopes and Pozo. He will absolutely have a great career in football, but I just don't think his game will ever be suited to the hustle and bustle of English football.

My main gripe is still that, in my opinion, promoting Garcia ahead of several other EDS players, who based on performances alone deserve to be promoted to the First Team ahead of him, massively undermines the value of EDS games and must surely send out the wrong message to the other players in our youth system.

RE Manu and who will be the long term replacement for Silva.

For me what makes Silva special is his touch and awareness in tight space and his ability to combine those two skills. You can send a sharp pass into Silva when he has 3 or 4 players all within yards of him and able to close the ball quickly yet he has the touch to not just control the ball put place it in position A1 down to the nearest inch for him to make the smallest of adjustments or movements and make a pass or push the ball past a defender. Other players have the touch but not that awareness of how and where to play it, others have great ability to read the game but not the technical skill to play in such tight areas.

Manu has come through the youth ranks showing similar technical skill on the ball and showing signs he has a similar awareness and reading of the game. I assume the coaching staff see that in him and are trying to push his development on as they know what he could become. Others may look like more rounded and effective players but If your looking to create absolute top quality players you have to promote the ones with the exceptional innate skills that are hard to teach. Manu can improve many parts of his game where as other players may look better on the pitch now but will never be technically good enough to hit the highest level.

Great discussion guys, and some interesting thoughts on both sides. As I said in my first post, perhaps Garcia is standing out in training, and looking better with better players around him... after all, MP never goes to the EDS / U18 games, so this is presumably how he is making his decisions.

I truly hope I'm wrong about Garcia, I really do, as he undoubtedly has an abundance of skill and talent on the ball, but personally, I just don't see any evidence of a footballing brain. I see him regularly dwell on the ball, too often make the wrong decisions, repeatedly turn into his man and away from space, lack peripheral vision on what runs other around him are making etc.

Yes, he is very young, and some of this may just be a lack of experience / confidence. Again, I hope I'm wrong, but I personally only see Garcia going the way of Suarez, Lopes and Pozo. He will absolutely have a great career in football, but I just don't think his game will ever be suited to the hustle and bustle of English football.

My main gripe is still that, in my opinion, promoting Garcia ahead of several other EDS players, who based on performances alone deserve to be promoted to the First Team ahead of him, massively undermines the value of EDS games and must surely send out the wrong message to the other players in our youth system.
You appear to come across as a bitter father of another EDS Player.As for you assumption that MP NEVER goes to watch the youngsters is false.He may not attend most matches for obvious reasons,but to say he never goes sends out a poor message that he doesn`t care about youngsters coming through.

You appear to come across as a bitter father of another EDS Player.As for you assumption that MP NEVER goes to watch the youngsters is false.He may not attend most matches for obvious reasons,but to say he never goes sends out a poor message that he doesn`t care about youngsters coming through.

Lol. I can assure you I am not anything to do with the players or the EDS. I am just a fan, who for the past 15 years has been dragging myself down to Platt Lane, and now the new complex.

Since MP took charge I have been to around 50+ EDS / U19 / U18 / U16 games, and I have never once seen him at a game! So my statement, that 'he never goes', is absolutely not an assumption! Yes, he may get videos, and yes, he may trust others to watch the games and feed back to him. Do I personally think he cares about our youth system? No... Unfortunately, one of the issues with the modern game is that management at the highest level is all about short term success and not long term development of young players.

Last edited:
Lol. I can assure you I am not anything to do with the players or the EDS. I am just a fan, who for the past 15 years has been dragging myself down to Platt Lane, and now the new complex.

Since MP took charge I have been to around 50+ EDS / U19 / U18 / U16 games, and I have never once seen him at a game! So my statement, that 'he never goes', is absolutely not an assumption! Yes, he may get videos, and yes, he may trust others to watch the games and feed back to him. Do I personally think he cares about our youth system? No... Unfortunately, one of the issues with the modern game is that management at the highest level is all about short term success and not long term development of young players.
Unfortunately in the modern game (and I`m talking about on the field) we are results lead, now and not in the future.I feel sorry for managers and young lads who may not get the chance to break through unless they really are the bees knees.Apart from possibly a defender coming through for City,the rest of the team is well established with players we regard as World Class and those just below.I do accept that those are few and far between (World Class) but to bring in youngsters is a huge gamble,especially as it could back-fire.
Its as we know, striking that fine balance in where and when to introduce youngsters to a decent PL level.
Who`d be a Manager,hey ?

Man of the match in his 1st appearance for Betis. Was called "reincarnation of Pele" by Spanish commentator. Too late now, football world is gonna waking up to this talent. Here in Belgium we've known he's been coming. All the way through his youth rankings his coaches called him 'the greatest talent we've ever seen'.

Good dribbling touch. Almost Neymar-esque in his body feigns and dips. But clearly still very young in his development. Vision and decision making is still at the level of a 16 year old.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.