Ched Evans - serious injury

And now it's back at appeal....

And the only way the law allows it to go back to appeal at this stage is if there's NEW evidence that wasn't available at the original trial. So you can make no inference that the trial couirt or Court of Appeal were wrong basxed on the facts available to them, and anyone who tries to do so is totally ignorant of what today's development means.

By what McDonald has admitted and going by the porters testimony he told Evans she was there.
Sorry I added a bit after why did she then go with Clayton McDonald to a hotel room? Why would he tell Evans she was there? It all sounds bizarre to me the more I hear, is she saying she was unconscious dragged to a hotel room? If she conscious then I really dont see how she hasn't participated in anything right up to the point she finds herself in a hotel room.

Juries have been known to get things wrong, but in the overwhelming majority of cases, they don't. And put simply, the jury in this case heard ten full days' of evidence, yet people on this thread seem happy to slate their decision based on brief summaries of the facts. It's a bit like people who are prepared to pick apart the views of someone who attended a whole football match based on watching two minutes of highlights.

Peter, I fully respect that we've not been party to all the evidence. However, I did read his initial appeal case file and what struck me, even shocked me, was the fact that this wasn't like your typical court case where clear evidence is available. I think it was described as a classic "did he, didn't he?" case and it's up to the jury to decide even in the absence of damning evidence. This would indicate that there was no bombshell evidence that the public were not made aware of. The suggestion was that either verdict would've been an acceptable one but once that verdict has been arrived at, it's very difficult to overturn a guilty verdict unless compelling new evidence comes to light.

Sorry I added a bit after why did she then go with Clayton McDonald to a hotel room? Why would he tell Evans she was there?

She met McDonald on a night out and consented to go back to the hotel room with him, from what I've seen of the case Evans wasn't on the night out and didn't meet her before the hotel room, as for McDonald's decision to tell Evans I have no idea but if he told the porter what the porter said he did (that she was so drunk as to be incapacitated and needed an eye kept on her) and then told Evans she was there it doesn't reflect well on him either.

And the only way the law allows it to go back to appeal at this stage is if there's NEW evidence that wasn't available at the original trial. So you can make no inference that the trial couirt or Court of Appeal were wrong basxed on the facts available to them, and anyone who tries to do so is totally ignorant of what today's development means.
Whether there is new evidence or not, if he is found not guilty this time, it means he was not guilty during his original trial as well.

She met McDonald on a night out and consented to go back to the hotel room with him, from what I've seen of the case Evans wasn't on the night out and didn't meet her before the hotel room, as for McDonald's decision to tell Evans I have no idea but if he told the porter what the porter said he did (that she was so drunk as to be incapacitated and needed an eye kept on her) and then told Evans she was there it doesn't reflect well on him either.
I dunno you obviously seem to leaning a certain way but like I said it would be clear cut if she was dragged to hotel room incapacitated, also phone someone who wasn't on a night out to "keep an eye on" a drunk person? That doesn't sound right either, when have you ever done that? It's pretty much "you're pissed, sleep it off, cya". The problem I have is she doesn't seem to have participated in this story at all, it's like she's not there which doesn't sound right. I hope they get to the truth anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.