Chelsea 2017/2018

I completely agree, mate.

I was just reporting what Conte had said. It doesn’t mean I agree with him. There is still more than half the season to go yet and anything can still happen.

We’ve seen too many false dawns and true cock-ups to take anything for granted.

I don't think you'll find a Chelsea fan anywhere who is still clinging on to the hope City falling off a cliff, the kind of which we have never seen before. In fact, some have resorted to actively supporting City week in week out to ensure United and Mourinho don't get a sniff of the title.

Willian is pretty terrible himself. He should be nowhere near the starting team. He provides fleeting moments of quality, but that's not enough. He is comically poor most of the time.

Pedro is miles better than him, which brings me onto my second point, playing Willian or Pedro instead of Bakayoko would mean a change in formation, forcing Fabregas into a midfield two with Kante, and if there's anything we know for sure, is that Fabregas has proven time and again that he cannot play in a pivot. It has to be a 3 man midfield for him to function like the class player he is or drop him out of the team entirely. So it has to be a 3 man midfield.

That leaves us with either Bakayoko or Drinkwater or one of the kids like Ampadu. Not great options, but you can then understand why I was criticising our board a few posts above. They have left us with these horrible choices in midfield, I have no doubt that we will try and sign Ross Barkley in January and then force him into the midfield 3 and we will be here in a few months discussing what a terrible signing he was.
Fair enough. I thought Willian was good but if you watch Chelsea all the time you'll know why he isn't an automatic start ahead of others.

We get Barcelona. I don't think they have much to fear about us, but I'm also not crippled with fear at the prospect of facing them. Exciting draw. I'm really looking forward to it.

We get Barcelona. I don't think they have much to fear about us, but I'm also not crippled with fear at the prospect of facing them. Exciting draw. I'm really looking forward to it.

Everything now goes through Messi with them, the rest are either not to the standard they used to have or limited by the tactics of the coach. It's actually a nice match up for you because Kante is tailor made to stop Messi in the transitions and Hazard will have a field day on their right side with Messi going inside and the right backs being poor.

Conte looks absolutely miserable in all of his press conferences. I wonder what's gong on in his head. He has a pop at the schedule, has a pop at the board, has a pop at his players... ect. Wonder if he sticks around.

Conte looks absolutely miserable in all of his press conferences. I wonder what's gong on in his head. He has a pop at the schedule, has a pop at the board, has a pop at his players... ect. Wonder if he sticks around.
Conte in for Cun*e at the swamp when his meltdown reaches critical mass?

I think you will beat them if messi doesnt turn it on. I have watched them this season, the last game i caught they put messi on the bench from the start and they were bang average. So much so that messi was brought on shortly after half time.

My Huddersfield Town supporting neighbour, was laughing at the complete and utter Ignorance of Chelsea fans last night. Chanting “champions of England you’ll never sing that.”
Told him they did the same after we came into money when they sang “stand up if you’ve won the league” then looked quite bemused when all started to stand up.

Everything now goes through Messi with them, the rest are either not to the standard they used to have or limited by the tactics of the coach. It's actually a nice match up for you because Kante is tailor made to stop Messi in the transitions and Hazard will have a field day on their right side with Messi going inside and the right backs being poor.

I think you will beat them if messi doesnt turn it on. I have watched them this season, the last game i caught they put messi on the bench from the start and they were bang average. So much so that messi was brought on shortly after half time.

I hope you chaps are right. I certainly do not fear them the way I would if this was 2011 or 2012. It's an exciting draw, in any case. I'd rather go out in an all-guns blazing glamour tie against Barcelona than struggle against some run of the mill decent team like Shakhtar, Roma, Seville etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.