Chelsea (a) post match thread

Exactly mate. Their fans were getting agitated despite the likes of Delph (who had a good game tbf), clichy and navas being on the same pitch. We played good football but we couldn't take our chances and the defence cost us. Like I said before, summer can't come quick enough.

i actually thought delph played solid....id keep him around next season as cover late in games and for defense, nothing scored against us was his fault

He did earlier in the season. From December onwards something seems to have happened. Whether it be his performance in training or something less football related. Was very effective in the earlier months of the season. Shame as I genuinely think Nolito could earn us maybe just a couple of extra points that might make all the difference.
He was brought in as a cheap option, I think. His lack of games recently has more to do with Sane's improvement than anything else.

I'm going to stop myself from ranting here but this is infuriating.

A quick caveat that I think fans obsession with corners isn't warranted compared to the amount of chances that they create and scoring odds (within 10 seconds of the corner being taken) are at around 2% IIRC. They're certainly low, definitely no higher than low single digit percentage.

Anyway, the thing that everybody knows in football is that outswinging corners produce the most goals and chances. Everybody knows this because this is what they have been told and religiously believe for their entire careers.

But it's wrong. It's dead wrong, 100% completely inaccurate. The rise of statistical analysis shows us that inswinging corners produce as high as 50% more goals than outswingers, and the same results are given every single year by the data across all leagues and teams. Inswinging corners are objectively better.

Yet there's still managers out there, top managers with world class teams and records who refuse to believe this and promote the outswinger because they think they know better.

City famously came up with this piece of data in 11/12. Gavin Fleig sat Mancini down and summarised 400 hours of corner footage and showed him the stats and we went from not scoring a corner in 23 games to scoring 15 goals from corners that year.

Again, this is a settled debate in football. There's no question about it - inswingers produce more goals and more chances. Yet we have to watch in the top leagues in the world the same old outswingers again and again because of some bullshit fantasy knowledge they learnt through osmosis years ago. It's maddening.

Print and send FTAO Mr J Guardiola c/o MCFC @ Etihad Stadium

Pep hasn't done anything reputable this season. I have to say after the money we spent. I expected more. For Pep to say corny and pretentious things like "I am sorry I don't know how to play defending, I always attack even in away games to big teams" is one thing but for him to actually believe and stick to that ridiculous "philosophy" is another thing entirely. Its naive, stupid and arrogant to think that way and that probably cost us the season.

In 12 months time there will be a lot of f*ckers on here eating their words , Pep's had 9 months with an ageing squad which has had poor acquisitions for four seasons , he will identify the players needed and take us to the next level , anybody doubting Guardiola's credentials really needs to give their head a wobble. A real shame that our success has attracted so many glory hunting dickhead supporters , but i suppose if you have witnessed a lot of shite in the last 50 years like myself a couple of seasons rebuilding is a mild distraction and not the nightmare some appear to be experiencing on here.

We are the best team in england by a mile but somehow we have conspired to throw away a tonne of points and have been fucked by officials all year.

Chelsea took 6 points from us and we were better in both games no doubt.

Shit dirty clubs like Spurs we have thrown away easy leads.

Really frustrating.

But 14 points behind the leaders and in 4th place?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.