Chelsea (H) Post Match Thread

Chelsea were simply outplayed on Sunday. We don't need any conspiracy theories to explain City's win and Keays might like to explain why Conte made no apparent effort to sabotage Chelsea's tactics at OT. What we do know is that Keays and Grey would rather be caught stealing the charity collection than praising City and this is why they come up with such rubbish. Conte is a dedicated manager and to suggest he would ever sabotage his teams chances is insulting nonsense. What was plain the week before at the swamp was that Morata is not playing well and was unlikely to have a good game at the Etihad while Giroud does not have the range of skills to lead Chelsea's attack against "top" teams. And in the event Chelsea never got enough good ball to break in any numbers at pace. City were simply too good for them on Sunday.

i agree and not just physically, we outplayed them mentally, hence conte's negative tactics from the off, its a good place to be in where teams are writing results off against us and resorting to damage limitation
in a way i applaud liverpool for their tactics to go toe to toe with us, as it is a high risk strategy and could go either way as we have seen.
the wigan way is pure luck and 99 times out of 100 they would lose

Both Chelsea and the Rags have had there arses slapped by City this year and media have come out with shite conspiracy theories or we have spent more money than them

Its all bollocks they can't compete with us and they know it in all areas.

Dippers improve there GK and defence and they will be the only ones competing with us next year.

Both Chelsea and the Rags have had there arses slapped by City this year and media have come out with shite conspiracy theories or we have spent more money than them

Its all bollocks they can't compete with us and they know it in all areas.

Dippers improve there GK and defence and they will be the only ones competing with us next year.

Seriously? "Next year, la, its gonna be our year"?

It always is :)

Maybe the odd one, but come on. He's worked with Moratta before, Zapacosta too. There's no way Rudiger was forced on him & even if he was, he's still playing him in place of Luiz & Cahill who won him the league. Bakayoko, he was one of the most sought after players in Europe. I'd guess Palmeri was his, as he was signed after Emanalo(sp) left. He wanted a big man & got Giroud. A very good PL target man.

I know he wanted Sandro & Lumpkaku, but fuck me Peg wanted Perisic & Moratta & Pep wanted Alves & Sanchez. You can't get everyone.

I don't think City fans should be perpetuating the myth that he's been hard done to. £250 million on international footballers is hardly showing a lack of support. It's him that has fucked off Costa, didn't try keeping Matic, fell out with Luiz is now apparently alienating Hazard.
Barklay and Drinkwater were no upgrade on whoever went before. These two look like club signings, not first choices. They're like our equivalent of Fernando, Rodwell, Sinclair. They were never going to help Chelsea maintain last season's level of achievement.

Barklay and Drinkwater were no upgrade on whoever went before. These two look like club signings, not first choices. They're like our equivalent of Fernando, Rodwell, Sinclair. They were never going to help Chelsea maintain last season's level of achievement.

We signed 6 major players.

Ederson & Walker have greatly improved us. Bernardo is starting to show top form. Danilo is back up. Mendy has played about two hours. Laporte has made two starts?

So, we've effectively added two starters to our starting xi. So have they. Bakayoko & Moratta cost £100m. Spin it anyway, if you spend £100m on two players, they're to improve your side. Not to mention Rudiger who he starts in place of Cahil & Luiz.
So Conte has actually added more in terms of cost and players to his first xi.

There is no room for moaning, even if Drinkwater & Barkley are just squad me, both are internationals and in their own right £30m + players. One has won the prem starting week in week out.
In comparison to us, Drinkwater is their Gundogan & Barkley is YaYa.

They have invested as much as anyone. £100m of our investment this season has seen about 500 minutes of action.

They've added £80 m worth of experienced international strikers.
£80/£90m of experienced international midfielders and 3 defenders.
That's plenty for someone moaning about lack of backing.

i agree and not just physically, we outplayed them mentally, hence conte's negative tactics from the off, its a good place to be in where teams are writing results off against us and resorting to damage limitation
in a way i applaud liverpool for their tactics to go toe to toe with us, as it is a high risk strategy and could go either way as we have seen.
the wigan way is pure luck and 99 times out of 100 they would lose
Although they’ve now beaten us 3 times out of 3!

Wife won some tickets for the legends lounge on Facebook. Was a fantastic day. City was brilliant played Chelsea off the field. Can't believe I missed the goal though oops, I blame the free beer hehe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.