Chelsea Thread - 2023/24

Nkuku signed. Good signing. If the Saudis buy all their deadwood they have a semblance of a decent team. Cant see them being title challengers but back in the top 4 mix

Sure - that's what I meant by more of a soft relationship.

But then, in terms of the size of PIF investments, it's probably a fairly minor relationship.

I suspect the Chelsea sales are more a convenience than anything else. No club in the World has so many highly paid players they need to shift off the books this Summer, so they're probably an obvious target.

I don’t see how this can be any more than a happy coincidence. We have players we want to shift (good players by the way, who were considered class not long ago. This isn’t Drinkwater levels of deadwood) and Saudi Arabia are suddenly trying to buy loads of big names from European leagues with lots of money to burn.

To me it feels like adding 2 and 2 and somehow getting 57. Clearlake manage assets worth about 75B dollars with the average investor coming in at around 1% of that each. How big is PIFs investment in that fund, no one really knows but supposedly no investor has more than 5% of the fund. And I don’t see how any of this is connected to football. Chelsea happen to have Muslim stars who are also surplus to requirements available for modest fees. It’s also only 3 players. You’d be mistaken for thinking we’ve offloaded 12 players to the Saudi league judging by the frenzy and outrage online.

I don’t see how this can be any more than a happy coincidence. We have players we want to shift (good players by the way, who were considered class not long ago. This isn’t Drinkwater levels of deadwood) and Saudi Arabia are suddenly trying to buy loads of big names from European leagues with lots of money to burn.

To me it feels like adding 2 and 2 and somehow getting 57. Clearlake manage assets worth about 75B dollars with the average investor coming in at around 1% of that each. How big is PIFs investment in that fund, no one really knows but supposedly no investor has more than 5% of the fund. And I don’t see how any of this is connected to football. Chelsea happen to have Muslim stars who are also surplus to requirements available for modest fees. It’s also only 3 players. You’d be mistaken for thinking we’ve offloaded 12 players to the Saudi league judging by the frenzy and outrage online.
Chelsea constantly sell players for over the odds in dodgy dealings... Oscar, Lukaku, havertz will be next. Meanwhile we'd be lucky to get 40m for Bernardo one of the best in the world or even 30m for cancelo the best full back in the prem 2 years ago

Chelsea constantly sell players for over the odds in dodgy dealings... Oscar, Lukaku, havertz will be next. Meanwhile we'd be lucky to get 40m for Bernardo one of the best in the world or even 30m for cancelo the best full back in the prem 2 years ago

How is selling Havertz to Arsenal dodgy? We sold Lukaku for 30m to Everton, what about that is dodgy? He has been sold for double that twice and we signed him back for triple that amount. Oscar, fair enough but China, just like Saudi Arabia, were throwing money around like it was going out of fashion. You lot are getting a great deal on Kovacic, so you should be happy with us :)

How is selling Havertz to Arsenal dodgy? We sold Lukaku for 30m to Everton, what about that is dodgy? He has been sold for double that twice and we signed him back for triple that amount. Oscar, fair enough but China, just like Saudi Arabia, were throwing money around like it was going out of fashion. You lot are getting a great deal on Kovacic, so you should be happy with us :)

Hazard to Madrid for 130m with one year left on his contract Oscar to China! The hazard deal Is like us selling Silva for 150m to Madrid

Hazard to Madrid for 130m with one year left on his contract Oscar to China! The hazard deal Is like us selling Silva for 150m to Madrid

Hazard was like a top 10 player in the world when we sold him and it was being pushed heavily by Zidane. It’s ended being one of the worst transfers in history, but no one could foresee that at the time.

Not at all. Hazard was their main man, more like us selling Kev in his prime.

Hazard was like a top 10 player in the world when we sold him and it was being pushed heavily by Zidane. It’s ended being one of the worst transfers in history, but no one could foresee that at the time.

Was a good player but never did often enough look at his stats at Chelsea poor compared to other top world class players! He was the Rashford of his time and why hazard at Madrid was piss poor and quit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.