Chelsea Thread - 2023/24

No idea why they aren’t playing him.

The obligation was widely reported at the time of the deal.

I did find the wording on Newcastle’s official website to be interesting and different from sky and bbc though. They say the obligation bit is dependent on certain performances criteria being met.

Not sure Newcastle have any money to spend, ironically. Not playing him so they dont have to buy him?

The whole thing is getting ridiculous. Having to sell your most valuable young players just to meet some arbitrary financial nonsense. Or not being able to play a young player because you aren't allowed to buy him by the same stupid nonsense.

And then you have clubs basically holding the EFL deal hostage until the nonsense is sorted out. It's all a gigantic clusterfuck.

Very sustainable.

Not sure Newcastle have any money to spend, ironically. Not playing him so they dont have to buy him?

The whole thing is getting ridiculous. Having to sell your most valuable young players just to meet some arbitrary financial nonsense. Or not being able to play a young player because you aren't allowed to buy him by the same stupid nonsense.

And then you have clubs basically holding the EFL deal hostage until the nonsense is sorted out. It's all a gigantic clusterfuck.

Very sustainable.

That would explain why they're playing Burn at left back over him. Burn is causing them big problems defensively at the moment.

I know a few Geordies and they're fuming that Burn keeps getting picked left back over Hall and can't understand why.

Seems now its quite obvious the obligation to buy him depends on how many games he starts and they're worried about that obligation.

That would explain why they're playing Burn at left back over him. Burn is causing them big problems defensively at the moment.

I know a few Geordies and they're fuming that Burn keeps getting picked left back over Hall and can't understand why.

Seems now its quite obvious the obligation to buy him depends on how many games he starts and they're worried about that obligation.

It's an absolute disgrace to the leadership of the Premier League that it is the financial experts making more sense explaining tactical decisions as well now, not just regulatory and compliance issues, rather than actual football people. What a mess.

No idea why they aren’t playing him.

The obligation was widely reported at the time of the deal.

I did find the wording on Newcastle’s official website to be interesting and different from sky and bbc though. They say the obligation bit is dependent on certain performances criteria being met.

Once it's written in "obligation to buy" that goes on the books straight away!

Was he ever creative? I don't think we signed him for his creativity, though he was pretty good passer. That's Enzo's job, also Palmer, Jackson etc. Caicedo, for me, has been excellent in the areas I thought he'd be excellent in. He's a brilliant ball winner, snuffs out attacks really well, senses danger and plugs gaps really well. He can be a bit rash and reckless sometimes (he's escaped a couple of blatant red cards this season imo) but other than his slow and underwhelming start to the season, he's performed to a really high standard this season.
I think you misunderstood me - I was talking specifically about the 4 you mentioned not being very creative. No disrespect, but I regard those 4 as more like giving you a big strong engine room. This may well be because I've been spoiled by a creative combo of David Silva, Yaya, KDB, Bernardo Silva, Mahrez, Gundogan and Foden over the last decade or so.

I think you misunderstood me - I was talking specifically about the 4 you mentioned not being very creative. No disrespect, but I regard those 4 as more like giving you a big strong engine room. This may well be because I've been spoiled by a creative combo of David Silva, Yaya, KDB, Bernardo Silva, Mahrez, Gundogan and Foden over the last decade or so.

Ah gotcha my bad. I've re-read your post and I definitely misunderstood.

I think you're right to an extent but I would say that with Enzo, Palmer, Jackson and potentially one of Mudryk and Madueke on the pitch supplemented by Gallagher who does have a little creative streak in him, there is enough creativity there to work with. It's not in the same stratosphere as that City team you mention there of course.

Could be wrong it happens a lot but Chelsea's main problem is not selling players but selling them for a profit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.