Chelsea Thread - 2023/24

Agree they did admit to of books payments to player purchases and agents that is serious! Doesn't matter it was under Abramovitch new owners will take that responsibility with them..
I think the new owners were the ones who brought this forward, weren’t they? If so, that might help them.

It’s funny watching so many clubs getting caught red-handed in a trap that was built to catch City, yet here we sit, fighting them tooth and nail while others openly run afoul and have to plead guilty!

But, I’m certainly not gloating, because we are sitting under the largest FFP/PSR Acme anvil the football world has ever seen. Only question now is “Are we Wile E. Coyote or Roadrunner?”

I see Chelsea fans are less than impressed with the kits being foisted on them by Nike...

And it seems they've got 7 more years of Nike's kits to look forward to. Shame, eh?
I’ve seen far worse nothing wrong with that top bar the two colours on the sleeve..

Posting this again as I think it is just as relevant as when I posted it two weeks ago (I didn’t even have to change their league position after today’s draw with 10 men Burnley at home).

For those that wish we had done everything necessary to keep Palmer at City, I think it is also important to remember that there is no guarantee—even if he was given the same initial opportunity to play a lot of minutes for us—that Palmer would have been as productive with us as he has been with Chelsea.

Teams plays against Chelsea completely differently to the way they play against us. More often than not their opposition see them as vulnerable or inferior, and so tend to take a much more open, aggressive approach in their matches with Chelsea. That almost never happens with us.

Once more, our setup and tactics are completely different, made more starkly different by the low block and quick counter tactics of our opposition, placing a greater emphasis on control and defensive work rate when not in possession (neither of which are necessarily among Palmer’s strengths). That’s not even getting in to the fact that he was never going to be the main man if he stayed with us—as he has partly become at Chelsea—which from what I have been told was an issue that contributed to him leaving. It also means he wasn’t going to have the same freedom (and leeway in his non-attacking responsibilities) in his play with us as he does at Chelsea.

Couple all of that with practically every team we face treating the match as their cup final, and it is simply a drastically different experience (with a completely different set of expectations) playing for us.

And it should also be pointed out that although he has had very good individual performances (and his stats are good), he has played for them when they have had poor results, as well, and Chelsea currently sit 11th, a few points about Fulham and Bournemouth. Their dysfunction is obviously not down to him, but it is also not entirely independent of him (as he has deficiencies that they haven’t been able to adequately cover at times.

There is nothing to say Palmer would have done as well if he had stayed with us.

Seems to be a lot of discontent amongst the forwards

Not entirely dissimilar to our good selves. Haaland and Foden are often to be seen throwing their hands up in exasperation at the lack of a final ball, especially from Doku, but also with each other when they try from improbable angles. It’s almost inevitable when so many young players are used together.

Posting this again as I think it is just as relevant as when I posted it two weeks ago (I didn’t even have to change their league position after today’s draw with 10 men Burnley at home).

For those that wish we had done everything necessary to keep Palmer at City, I think it is also important to remember that there is no guarantee—even if he was given the same initial opportunity to play a lot of minutes for us—that Palmer would have been as productive with us as he has been with Chelsea.

Teams plays against Chelsea completely differently to the way they play against us. More often than not their opposition see them as vulnerable or inferior, and so tend to take a much more open, aggressive approach in their matches with Chelsea. That almost never happens with us.

Once more, our setup and tactics are completely different, made more starkly different by the low block and quick counter tactics of our opposition, placing a greater emphasis on control and defensive work rate when not in possession (neither of which are necessarily among Palmer’s strengths). That’s not even getting in to the fact that he was never going to be the main man if he stayed with us—as he has partly become at Chelsea—which from what I have been told was an issue that contributed to him leaving. It also means he wasn’t going to have the same freedom (and leeway in his non-attacking responsibilities) in his play with us as he does at Chelsea.

Couple all of that with practically every team we face treating the match as their cup final, and it is simply a drastically different experience (with a completely different set of expectations) playing for us.

And it should also be pointed out that although he has had very good individual performances (and his stats are good), he has played for them when they have had poor results, as well, and Chelsea currently sit 11th, a few points about Fulham and Bournemouth. Their dysfunction is obviously not down to him, but it is also not entirely independent of him (as he has deficiencies that they haven’t been able to adequately cover at times.

There is nothing to say Palmer would have done as well if he had stayed with us.
when you posted two weeks I really didn't know why you were putting so much energy into putting a negative slant on Cole Palmers season.
This latest post..it is embarrassing again seeing you try and put a downer on the lad.
Palmer is having a great season ,personally,He is a top class footballer with sublime skills ,playing most weeks in the prem.
I'm happy for him.
Not bitter.

when you posted two weeks I really didn't know why you were putting so much energy into putting a negative slant on Cole Palmers season.
This latest post..it is embarrassing again seeing you try and put a downer on the lad.
Palmer is having a great season ,personally,He is a top class footballer with sublime skills ,playing most weeks in the prem.
I'm happy for him.
Not bitter.
Where am I putting a downer on him?

This is a response to the many “we dropped a bollock” posts regarding Palmer leaving, which are just too simplistic to be legitimate. I have said many times he is having a great season individually.

You’re completely misreading the post, mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.