Chelsea Thread - 2023/24

Just listened to Noel G on the talkssport clip. Summed it up precisely when he said "this lot always turn up against us'. They have this season, they are the cup draw we didn't want after the battle with Real, and playing on Saturday immediately disadvantages us, plus none of their fans or players have to travel away overnight. I am not hopeful on this one, they will be buoyed up after that stonking scoreline last night. - I mean wtaf Everton???
They turn up against us no doubt but look at the two games in context, the first one was a complete basket case of a game which they got a draw because of a daft pen silly deep into injury time, the game at our place was just quite simply us being profligate and then defending for their lives which has happened in countless games this season, chelsea are a decent side of course but so are we and they wont get near the amount of space against us that they did against everton, it will be tighter than most think but its not like we havent created against them in the games against them this season.

Just heard Stefan on talksport something about Chelsea and hotels they own dodgy dealings to avoid ffp. I didn’t catch it all tho.
Worth listening to again.
First time I've heard Jordan agreeing with Stefan
Seem to think Chelsea may have found a legal loophole although maybe only temporary. Reckoned Premier league are going hoodwinked.

Jordan and Stefan were so lovey dovey, they looked like they were auditioning for a remake of brokeback mountain

They turn up against us no doubt but look at the two games in context, the first one was a complete basket case of a game which they got a draw because of a daft pen silly deep into injury time, the game at our place was just quite simply us being profligate and then defending for their lives which has happened in countless games this season, chelsea are a decent side of course but so are we and they wont get near the amount of space against us that they did against everton, it will be tighter than most think but its not like we havent created against them in the games against them this season.

I would say the game at the Etihad was also about us being profligate. I actually think we were the better team in both our games against City this season.

That doesn't mean anything for the cup semifinal though. I predicted a comfortable win for City the last time we played and I pleasantly surprised by how we played but I still think this semifinal will be a comfortably win for you guys, something like 3-1 City. I would be very surprised if we went unbeaten against you across 3 games given how wildly inconsistent we are.

I would say the game at the Etihad was also about us being profligate. I actually think we were the better team in both our games against City this season.

That doesn't mean anything for the cup semifinal though. I predicted a comfortable win for City the last time we played and I pleasantly surprised by how we played but I still think this semifinal will be a comfortably win for you guys, something like 3-1 City. I would be very surprised if we went unbeaten against you across 3 games given how wildly inconsistent we are.
you had 2 chances against city at the etihad, haaland alone missed 3 sitters, disasi had the game of his life which was pointed out by the commentators, i think it was fairly even at stamford bridge but its a stretch to say you were the better team at the etihad.

you had 2 chances against city at the etihad, haaland alone missed 3 sitters, disasi had the game of his life which was pointed out by the commentators, i think it was fairly even at stamford bridge but its a stretch to say you were the better team at the etihad.

That's what I felt watching the game anyway.

How do they get all the pens they get ? Baffling

Most of them are actually pens. There have been some right iffy ones like Madueke vs United and Mudryk vs Burnley but mostly the pens we've been given are actually pens. In fact there are a few more situations I felt were stonewall pens that weren't awarded to us :)

Worth listening to again.
First time I've heard Jordan agreeing with Stefan
Seem to think Chelsea may have found a legal loophole although maybe only temporary. Reckoned Premier league are going hoodwinked.

Jordan and Stefan were so lovey dovey, they looked like they were auditioning for a remake of brokeback mountain
Listened to it all and I think every football fan should, saying 6/7 clubs could fall foul of all this FFP, Leeds could be fucked if they get promoted it’s a shit show and I don’t think anyone knows a way out of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.